• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anyone have a Bb Reynolds Bronze-o-Lyte Bell or Bach 65?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a Bb Reynolds Bronze-o-Lyte Bell or Bach 65? Reply with quote

Since I found my Olds Opera Bell on this site by asking if anyone had one thought I would ask.

I am in particular looking for a Lenoard Smith Contempra Bell. I like the profile and think it has potential.

I have Reynolds Bronze-O-Lyte/Lube Alloy C bell that I like a lot.

I am also looking for a nice used Bach 65 bell on the cheap not a new one because Bach wants far too much for their bells new. Kanstul does not make anything like the 65 bell so that is out of the question. I tried Dillion but all they had was a new one. I would imagine their is one collecting dust in someone's shop as no one in the USA wants them. So I am guessing that when one comes in the bell get's yanked and a 37 bell put on in it's place. Appreciate any leads as I have hit bottom no one I know has one and they do not want one either! IN fact they think I am nuts for wanting to play around with one!LOL
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n,

Try looking for a Huttl trumpet. I've seen some pictures showing fairly extreme bell profiles.
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I almost bid on one of those on ebay but due to the age I was afraid it would be a very small bore and the guy selling it did not have the means to measure it!

That is strange that you point that out because I did consider getting one at least 3 times in the last year to play around with no one though seems to know the bore and most ebayer's that sell instruments are not musicians!

I have even considered the idea of starting with a 239 bell profile and extending it to Bb length. I do not want it so slow that I end up with a Stomvi Pic bell that looks like a flat disc with a tube in the middle....LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: