• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Roger Ingram Model Jupiter XO Trumpet 1600I

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Still geeking... Reply with quote

Sorry to prattle on and on, but tonight I'm cleaning the horn out thoroughly and relubing everything, and the second valve slide is also an over-under configuration like all the other slides on the horn. Very nice detail, one I've only seen on the Eric Miyashiro EM8340 (though I'm confident it originated on some vintage horn from long ago...and that someone here will tell me what that first horn was! ).

Quote:
Just went on Dillon's site, and they have it listed for $1600+...

That may be an issue of MAP (minimum advertised price) vs. actual discounted price. They can sell it for a price of their choosing, barring a dealer agreement to the contrary, but Jupiter may be like a lot of manufacturers that set a MAP for online sites and print advertising. Just a guess, I'm not familiar with Jupiter's dealer agreements.
trumpmac
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yammie,
Any way you can post a bunch of pics? The one on Jupiters site is nice but is also what all dealers I've seen so far have. Would love to see more angles and different perspecives.
'58 Conn Director Coprion
Dillon Rose Brass Bell Flugel
ws tpt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: 1600i Ingram Jupiter Reply with quote

LD Woods wrote:

The other horn I have been itching to try is the Callet Sima. Has anyone played the Sima and the 1600i. Even better, how do either of them compare to the Calicchio DT?

Larry,

I have played a friend's Callet Sima quite a bit (several hours over the past year or so, in both lacquer and silver)- and Roger's own 1600i last month during a lesson and Jay Daversa's Calicchio Trigg model. The 1600i is, to me, the better horn. Mine is on order as of early this week. The Sima, with its heavier gauge bell may have just a touch more as far as overtones in the sound. It is also significantly more expensive-$2750 vs $1295 for iHorn. I had about 20-30 minutes on Roger's horn while he took care of some business prior to our lesson and believe that it will work well for me. I attended a masterclass when Mike Vax and the orchestra come through our sate several years ago. Jay was kind enough to let me try his horn out (at the time, I was playing a 6310Z) and while I remember it being very nice (I am sure DT likes it and Jay as well), just not my cup of tea. Again, I really expect that the 1600i will more than likely become my primary Bb. When I tried Roger's horn, I played it with all of my mpcs and it responded very well. I will probably keep my Kanstul Destino-it is a special horn to me, but am expecting to sell more of my Bb's when the iHorn arrives. Hope this is helpful.

WS tpt
jazzothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeroyW[/quote]

AMEN! And if the price quoted on here in lacquer from Dillon's is right I'll be ordering one ASAP! And I second what Yammie's been saying. I hope you're getting a piece of this pie Roger. [/quote]

Just went on Dillon's site, and they have it listed for $1600+... Hope they will still sell for the lower price... I'm calling in the morning...[/quote]

That's what Pro Winds has it for. Knew it was too good to be true... [/quote]

Hi Interfx and trumpmac I have just ordered one from Dillon music last night. The price I quote is correct. They have already sold 2 silver plated trumpet on the day I wrote in the TH. The horn are back ordered they don't have it in stock right now. Jim's at Dillon music who is also a trumpet player told me that the horn was professional assemble and play great. Their website has not been updated yet. Pls contact them directly. Just for your infor I'm from Singapore a small city with a red dot on the map and I highly recommend you to buy from Dillon. I have been their customer for more than 20 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trumpmac
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzothman wrote:
LeroyW

AMEN! And if the price quoted on here in lacquer from Dillon's is right I'll be ordering one ASAP! And I second what Yammie's been saying. I hope you're getting a piece of this pie Roger. [/quote]

Just went on Dillon's site, and they have it listed for $1600+... Hope they will still sell for the lower price... I'm calling in the morning...[/quote]

That's what Pro Winds has it for. Knew it was too good to be true... [/quote]

Hi Interfx and trumpmac I have just ordered one from Dillon music last night. The price I quote is correct. They have already sold 2 silver plated trumpet on the day I wrote in the TH. The horn are back ordered they don't have it in stock right now. Jim's at Dillon music who is also a trumpet player told me that the horn was professional assemble and play great. Their website has not been updated yet. Pls contact them directly. Just for your infor I'm from Singapore a small city with a red dot on the map and I highly recommend you to buy from Dillon. I have been their customer for more than 20 years.[/quote]

Thanks man I will contact them in the a.m. as well. I'm familier with Dillons too. Bought much stuff from them including their rose brass bell flugel. A steal for the price!
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Sure Reply with quote

Doug,

I'll snap a bunch of pics this weekend and post them while it's still got that new horn smell

Bill
trumpmac
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill!
Lance Asparagus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called KHS and they said they've only received one shipment of these horns so far, with another on the boat as we speak. Unfortunately, he said also that after this shipment comes in (mid-late april), the next one will be arriving in mid June.
Manuel de los Campos
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Gentlemen, did I miss something? What on earth are " True Bore Insert Sleeves" ?

And Yammie, is the taper of the bell of your 1600 i a fast taper or a slow taper?

greetings from Amsterdam, Manuel.
jonalan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Manuel de los Campos wrote:
Gentlemen, did I miss something? What on earth are " True Bore Insert Sleeves" ?

RogerIngram wrote:
...and the revolutionary new "True Bore" tuning slide insert sleeves. These sleeves, when inserted, help maintain the nodal integrity of the instrument which in turn establishes "even slotting" in the upper and extreme upper registers of the instrument.

Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

I am no match for some of the trumpet photo wizards here and on eBay, but I wanted to snap a few quick ones as placeholders - I'll get better photos up ASAP.

They are at:http://tinyurl.com/yammie

[Preview URL is http://preview.tinyurl.com/yammie ]

Manuel, regarding bell taper, my impression is it's more on the 37 end of things than the 72 or Wild Thing, but I'll need to look at it side-by-side with some of the fleet to come up with better comparisons.
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

I thought I already posted this, but I'm not seeing it. Could be PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) again...

Anyway, since I brought it up here, I wanted to mention that Jupiter sent the True Bore inserts to me immediately. I got a package containing two sets - 1/4" long, and 1/2" long, along with a brass hook (they call it a crochet hook) for removal, and a two page set of instructions written by Roger.

So thanks, Jupiter (and Roger)! I appreciate the speedy customer service. I'll post again once I have the chance to test them.

Bill
jonalan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzothman wrote:
jonalan wrote:
jazzothman wrote:
Here is the latest price from Dillon Music the new 1600i pricing: lacquer $1245 and silver $1295. They have the silver horn in stock. Btw any advice between the silver and the lacquer?

I keep checking Dillon's website and no mention of this horn, much less it being in stock. Who have you spoken to at Dillon's to get this price?

If you are interested you may contact Jim at Dillon music. He will assist you and fyi Jim has been assisting me with all my horn I bought from Dillon. Jim his very helpful I have not problem dealing with them. Their website has not been updated yet but I was told that they have the silver model in stock.

This is now listed on the Dillon site, BUT for $1665.00. Nowhere near $1295.00. Haven't had a chance to call them yet to see if they would still offer for the $1295.00 indicated above.
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Quote:
This is now listed on the Dillon site, BUT for $1665.00. Nowhere near $1295.00.

MAP (minimum advertised price) vs. actual selling price. You have to call to get their real price due to their dealer agreements.

Last edited by Yammie on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
jazzothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is still the same as was given to me by Jim. I have ordered one in lacquer at $ 1245 from Dillon music. I know they have already put up the ad at their website. To get the real answer is best you contact Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ldwoods
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the pricing at Washington Music.

I ordered mine today from them.
Bruin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos Reply with quote

Yammie wrote:
I am no match for some of the trumpet photo wizards here and on eBay, but I wanted to snap a few quick ones as placeholders - I'll get better photos up ASAP.

They are at:http://tinyurl.com/yammie

[Preview URL is http://preview.tinyurl.com/yammie ]

Manuel, regarding bell taper, my impression is it's more on the 37 end of things than the 72 or Wild Thing, but I'll need to look at it side-by-side with some of the fleet to come up with better comparisons.

Very handsome horn, Bill. Congrats.
Schilke 17& 17D4d4 trumpet mpcs
Schilke 17F flugelhorn mpc
jonalan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzothman wrote:
The price is still the same as was given to me by Jim. I have ordered one in lacquer at $ 1245 from Dillon music. I know they have already put up the ad at their website. To get the real answer is best you contact Jim.

Yup, just confirmed the sell price is indeed $1245 for the lacquer version, although they do not have any in stock, and are back-ordered.

Looks like it may be a while before I can get my hands on one to try.

Yammie, your pics are a little dark but the horn looks nice. Your pics don't make the different metals (gold brass, rose brass, silver) contrast as much as the pics I've seen online. Are the silver parts lacquered over or just silver plated?
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Lacquer Reply with quote

Quote:
Yammie, your pics are a little dark but the horn looks nice. Your pics don't make the different metals (gold brass, rose brass, silver) contrast as much as the pics I've seen online. Are the silver parts lacquered over or just silver plated?

In person, the contrast especially between the rose brass leadpipe and the yellow brass elswhere isn't as dramatic as the Jupiter beefcake photos show. The silver parts are nickel or nickel plated and lacquered over - there is no silverplate on this horn. Slide receiver tubes are nickel silver, valve balusters are nickel silver, the pinky ring may be nickel plated brass...no way of knowing until it wears
jonalan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Yammie, now that you've had a couple of weeks under your belt, what are your thoughts on the horn?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: