• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Selmer Concept 1903

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Selmer Concept 1903 Reply with quote

I received on trial a Selmer TT Concept. I have a Selmer 24B K-Modified
and a Selmer 25B pre K-Modified. I like the Concept but i need some input
as to trading both horn for the Concept. The two Selmers I have are pristine.
The sound on the Concept I like alot but I don't want to give up two horns
for nothing.
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok what can any of us do to help your decision? If you want validation from other's as to what you are about to do I would say you have no business shopping for a new trumpet! You need to have a reason for the purchase even if it is just to tickle your fancy. You need to have a goal or desired sound concept in mind that you are looking for......What is it that the other two trumpets fail to do for you? Does the TT do what the other's do not do? I would never trade two pristine sought after horns for one current production horn! That is like trading two Shelby GT 350 Mustangs for 1 current Generation New mustang what is the point and where is the value in it?

So wait until you actually need a different trumpet and you have a clear sound concept that you are looking for! If you let emotions come into the purchase decision process you will lose. The trumpet will fail to live up to your expectations a few months down the road! You will end up regretting your two for 1 trade and it will leave a bitter taste in your mouth!
stumac
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end the decision is yours alone, we can only advise our own thoughts.I have to agree with the Captain, are you going to be better off with the Concept. In money terms the Concept may me worth twice the worth of the other two certainly in my case.

I have four Selmer Bb, my first, B700L bought 1985 A$ 1000 new blemished, Concept TT 2003 new A$3000, this year 24A Balanced and Radial 2, A$1500 each, I play them all regulary, my sound is pretty much the same on all 4, only slight differences in timbre.

The 24A balanced has the cleanest and tightest slotting upper register of the four even with sloppy valves, but if I were limited to one it would be the Radial 2 IMHO the best Selmer made.

Regards, Stuart.
josephdb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Selmer Concept 1903 Reply with quote

Thanks for your input. I am a comback player and have traded around before. The older Selmer Paris trumpets play even better after the hype
of a new trumpet went away. I have found that my Paris's play better
than any other horns i've played; Fits me

Joe
plankowner110
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would regret selling your vintage Selmers.
https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26763
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait give it some time! See if you can sell one of the two Selmers at a good price. Take that money and sit it aside as part of your next trumpet fund. Keep the Selmer that speaks to you the most. Then when you do get your new trumpet consider sending the Selmer out for valve job and refinish if it needs it!

As a come back player you need to take a really really good look at Kanstuls trumpets models and Calicchio's because both of them have some really interesting trumpets and good prices. I think Calicchio has the better prices when you look at what you are getting in the way of a non-mass produced horn that is hand made all the way!

I would also take a serious look at Getzen because unlike when I was in band they now make some seriously high end sound,playing horns that are durable and very very sexy! Obviously they sound great!

One come back player to another! Sorry to come on so hard I thought you where a young guy not a come back player! I just know how much some let emotions color their purchase's and these are a sales man dream come true as you can get these types to buy anything at any price if you know how to push their emotional buttons!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: