• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Rizzo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Marcinkiewicz *E12 A. Vizzutti

The mouthpiece that Allen Vizzutti uses for Pic. work is custom made, with a large back bore. Can anyone tell me how it is modified? Particularly in reference to Rim, Drill # and Back bore No.?

Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1

I have read that Bobby Shew didn't like the back bore on his Marcinkiewicz Shew 1 mouthpiece? What can I have done to this mouthpiece to make it play better? Particularly in reference to Drill # and Back bore No.?

Where can I get this custom mouthpiece work done?
lburrows
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Robert Rizzo wrote:
Marcinkiewicz *E12 A. Vizzutti

The mouthpiece that Allen Vizzutti uses for Pic. work is custom made, with a large back bore. Can anyone tell me how it is modified? Particularly in reference to Rim, Drill # and Back bore No.?

Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1

I have read that Bobby Shew didn't like the back bore on his Marcinkiewicz Shew 1 mouthpiece?

Have you tried the Yamaha Bobby Shew Jazz? I seem to vaguely remember a story about Bobby Shew not liking the backbore on the Marcinkiewicz and addressing this issue when having Yamaha make their version.

What can I have done to this mouthpiece to make it play better? Particularly in reference to Drill # and Back bore No.?

Where can I get this custom mouthpiece work done?

Bach 184ML Cornet - Kanstul custom Bach 3C
Besson 927 Sovereign Cornet - Bach 5A
B&H Imperial Cornet - Bach 5A
Bach 183 Flugel - Bach 3CFL
Robert Rizzo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

I would never play lead on that.

I have both the Yamaha Bobby Shew Jazz and Lead mouthpieces. As it turns out I prefer the Marcinkiewicz *E5 B. Shew 2 to the Yamaha Bobby Shew Jazz.

I am specifically interested in modifications to the Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1. Don't get me wrong, I like the Yamaha Bobby Shew Lead mouthpiece, in that it gets the job done, but I prefer the sound and comfort of the Marcinkiewicz *E14.
johnnydtrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably spend less and get the best results if you just call up the Marcinkiewicz shop. They are very helpful and will easily point you in the direction of a new mouthpiece so you don't have to possibly ruin the one you have. Once you start modifying a mouthpiece you can't go back and many times end up just getting the same mouthpiece to try again anyways.

The shop number is (503) 263 - 2456

Good luck.

John Dover
Robert Rizzo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

I will contact the Marcinkiewicz Company.

The reason I posted the topic was, that I recently tried a Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1 mouthpiece at the ITG Conference this year. I want to buy one, but, before I rush into buying a stock mouthpiece, I thought it would be wise to find out if I should order a custom made one instead? Hence, the interest in altering the drill and or back bore.
lburrows
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Robert Rizzo wrote:
I would never play lead on that.

Sorry, I typed Jazz when I meant to say Lead.

I have both the Yamaha Bobby Shew Jazz and Lead mouthpieces. As it turns out I prefer the Marcinkiewicz *E5 B. Shew 2 to the Yamaha Bobby Shew Jazz.

I am specifically interested in modifications to the Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1. Don't get me wrong, I like the Yamaha Bobby Shew Lead mouthpiece, in that it gets the job done, but I prefer the sound and comfort of the Marcinkiewicz *E14.

Bach 184ML Cornet - Kanstul custom Bach 3C
Besson 927 Sovereign Cornet - Bach 5A
B&H Imperial Cornet - Bach 5A
Bach 183 Flugel - Bach 3CFL
jazzhorn04
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Robert Rizzo wrote:

The reason I posted the topic was, that I recently tried a Marcinkiewicz *E14 B. Shew 1 mouthpiece at the ITG Conference this year. I want to buy one, but, before I rush into buying a stock mouthpiece, I thought it would be wise to find out if I should order a custom made one instead? Hence, the interest in altering the drill and or back bore.

I have personally found that it's not the best idea to go custom until you know exactly what you want. Even then it might be a good idea to wait. I knew exactly what I wanted when I went custom and I ended up switching off of it 6 months later.
trumpetangel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Robert Rizzo wrote:

I took lessons with Bobby and he told me that HE prefers the Yamaha version but encouraged me to try and experiment with the Marcinkiewicz Shew 1 and 1.25 also.
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find out what Kelly he plays and buy that. Only $21.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
trumpetangel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VetPsychWars wrote:
Find out what Kelly he plays and buy that. Only $21.

Tom

Last time I saw him he used a Kelly 3C for Jazz playing. For lead he was using a clear plastic mouthpiece copied from his Yamaha lead model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: