• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New edition of Stamp with play-along CDs available

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMTrumpeter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered this book, and it came with two CDs, but they both had the same thing on them.

Other folks who own the book: did I receive a 'misprint'? Do you all have two different CDs?
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One CD should be for use with a Bb trumpet the other cd is for the C trumpet. Did you get two of the same?
NMTrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the tracks have the same name, and the CDs, too (when I upload into iTunes), but I didn't realize they had the different tunings. I should check that, but I'm guessing that's my issue... I only really care about the Bb version, anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up!
dambly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves (this was a few years ago):

Because the B-flat and C discs are identical in terms of track number and track length, I wasn't able to get CDDB to distinguish between the two when I entered the track information for them.

So when you get track information, there's no way for iTunes to tell between the two discs. If anyone knows a way to assign a unique ID to two otherwise identical discs for CDDB, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Tom
pitchlevel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dambly wrote:
If memory serves (this was a few years ago):

Because the B-flat and C discs are identical in terms of track number and track length, I wasn't able to get CDDB to distinguish between the two when I entered the track information for them.

So when you get track information, there's no way for iTunes to tell between the two discs. If anyone knows a way to assign a unique ID to two otherwise identical discs for CDDB, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Tom

Yeah, I'm no tech geek, so I just went through and renamed every single track for the C trumpet disc. It was a PITA, but worth it in the end. I put it on my ipod and used it every day for years.
NMTrumpeter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could change the album name, too. If you select all the tracks at once and hit "get info" (command/cntrl + i), then you can write in the album field "Stamp C-version" or "Useless Version" or something like that. After you hit OK, on your ipod (or in itunes) these tracks will be sorted separately (assuming you organize your music by anything other than Name), but still have the same titles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: