• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

RMBI Notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: RMBI Notice Reply with quote

FYI - Don
I’m forwarding a message from David Hickman. The Mendez Brass Institute is held at the University of Denver each summer and is a great opportunity for brass musicians of all ages and abilities. In addition, there is a very nice scholarship provided by the Mendez brothers (Rafael’s sons) that is available, I believe, for everyone who registers so don’t let the tuition slow you down.

For more information see the web site: http://www.mendezbrassinstitute.com/

Bill S.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:16 AM
Subject: Urgent recruiting needed for RMBI

Dear Summit Brass,

Al Hood has informed me that registrations for this summer's Rafael Mendez Brass Institute are lower than normal. So far, we have 98 paid but we need 165 to break even. Even with the generous support of Bob and Ralph Mendez, the small registration fee plus travel and room/board costs are making it difficult for people to attend in today's economy.

The deadline is in two weeks! PLEASE email or speak with your students and others to see if we can fill our quota. I would hate to see us cancel the event because some people may have already purchased plane tickets. (I do not suggest that any of us purchase tickets until we know more!) Registrations at this time of the year are normally closer to 125 people, so we need to help all we can.

Thank you!!
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: