• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Up stream

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Chops

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Up stream Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me what blowing upstream is. I am told it is the way to break past the double c range. I was about to learn more about it when I was young but went on the road leaving my teacher behind. At that time we did not have forums to learn from.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the Reinhardt Forum. Think you guys can handle this one?
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a 5-post wonder to me.

But what do I know?

Just for fun, we'll keep an eye out for him in the Marketplace.

Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, prolly righto Rich, sorry. The eloquent prose and spelling in the signature line and low post count should have been a clue...
PhxHorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that 'homer' was a verb.
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeboppinFool wrote:
But what do I know?

Apparently, you don't know what an upstream embouchure is.

The other day Rich and I were talking about the 90-9-1 rule for internet forum users. The gist is that for every 1 person that posts regularly, 9 will make infrequent posts or just ask a couple of questions and move on. Another 90 will actively read forum posts, but never make any of their own. I told him that there was an opportunity here for Reinhardt's advocates to reach out to the 99%.

Since I thought it was a good question anyway, regardless of the intentions of the OP, I'll post a couple of non-Reinhardt resources that address his questions.

The Upstream Brass Embouchure
Brass Embouchure and Air Stream Direction

Reinhardt had a lot to say about upstream embouchures, but I'll leave it to the Reinhardt students to post that info.

Back to my lurking...

Dave
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: The Five Post Wonder Reply with quote

Wilktone wrote:
BeboppinFool wrote:
But what do I know?

Apparently, you don't know what an upstream embouchure is.

Yes, I do know what an upstream embouchure is, but as I recall, you didn't know what a 5-post wonder is, so I'll share that with the list (those who don't already know).

Here at Trumpet Herald you have to have a minimum of 5 posts to list something for sale in the Marketplace. There are a lot of 5-post-wonders who post something that contributes nothing worth reading to the list, often digging up ancient and long-forgotten threads that were better left to die quietly.

I am not the only moderator who does not appreciate 5-post wonders, and I especially don't appreciate them in this forum.

Now, although he brought up something Reinhardt-oriented, he certainly could have gotten the answer(s) he needed using the search function or by reading the posts at the top of this forum (like this one of yours, Dave).

I have no patience for such guys, and was actually tempted to delete the thread early on, but figured I'd leave it up so people could see a textbook example of the 5-post wonder.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: