• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Another ebay rip???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out...and the bidder ID hidden ...so no-one can email the bidder with a warning???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2558635746
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a rip, it will be of the grandest scale I have seen to date.....I sincerely hope this is legit all the way around.

Everybody has to get started, so at some point we all had a 0 feedback rating. But man oh man, what a way to get started with such a high ticket item.
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are red flags going up on this one for sure. The seller has a new ID and no feedback. He was registered in Canada but the instrument is located in England. The bidders sare kept private. This one is similar to the Mt. Vernon Bach and Martin Committee auctions of a while back. Ebay has gotten to be pretty scary lately. I've heard of ebay IDs being hijacked and the email scams as well as fraudulent auctions.

Tim
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two other probable rip offs that I have spotted were both England/Canada sellers with 0 feedback.

FYI....I have received SEVERAL fraud emails from "ebay" and "Paypal". Ebay has an email address to which I forward all the emails for varification. It is...spoof@ebay.com . They have been very good about replying. Paypal has no such email address and the emails that are suspect come in a form that is hard to cut and paste to the Paypal contact site. I hope that Paypal developes a similar spoof email address. Basically any email that I receive marked ebay or Paypal that requests info or says click here to update or verify is assumed to be bogus and ebay has consistently confirmed this with an email to me stating that ebay (and I suspect Paypal) will never request info or verification via email. They will only do so once the registered user is logged onto thier site. Meanwhile, I still respect that ebay attitude and thier continual efforts to improve the site and protect the users. kpb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: