• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Courtois CR154 Professional Bb Flugelhorn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rurare

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...Thanks for anyone from TH.
It would be grateful, if can comment..

I am confirmed winner for Courtois CR154 Professional Bb Flugelhorn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2557285287&category=620

I am to pay soon for this flugelhorn.

Before I make a payments, I would like to ask you some question realted to this flugelhorn.

First of all, I wonder why the model name is different to the flugelhorn I am to buy.
If you go to the below address, the model is known as Courtois 154 Not " Courtois CR154".
http://www.courtois-paris.com/panneaufluge.html

I asked seller several times to explain this but I did not get any response.

Second thing is that, I don't know why not many people did not bid for this flugelhorn. I wonder new Courtois flugelhorn is not similiar to the old Courtois flugelhorn produced around 70's?

Anyway, If don't buy this flugelhorn ..Seller will leave negative feedback for me.

I just wnat to know...Is this good flugel horn..?
Personelly, I think new Courtois flugelhorn is better than New Bach 183 flugelhorn. What do you think?
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the summer of 1999 I went to Dillon Music and tried probably 15 different flugelhorns (that was back when I thought I needed one). Of all that I tried, the Courtois was the only one that I liked whatsoever. The pitch was good, the tone was to my liking (which is hard to imagine of a guy who basically disdains the flugelhorn), and the response was excellent.

If you have to have a flugelhorn, you may as well have a good one, and I suspect that you've got a good one. You may have paid the right price for it . . . but what do I know, I haven't gone flugelhorn shopping for over 4 years and haven't kept up on prices. I paid $1200 for mine in '99 . . . you may have done just fine.

I think that when they set the opening bid amount too high, many people don't even bother with the auction. That is my opinion, however, I could be wrong. (Now that I'm married, I find that I am frequently wrong.)

Rich
atom_anderson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only heard good things about the recent Courtois Flugelhorns. Also, wwbw is a very respected seller and they might work with you if you are unsatisfied with the flugelhorn after you make the purchase. Check out http://www.wwbw.com/Item/?itemno=51463

-Atom
Tampahorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this model flugel horn that I bought from a fellow THer. It was very lightly used and I paid 1K for it. It is a very nice horn, with warm sound that fills up the whole room. I know that the "R" is for the rose brass bell, but Im not sure What the "C" stands for. Needless to say I am very happy with it and I think you will be too. This could be a model that courtois isnt making any longer, maybe that is why it is not on their website? I play the flugel once a while in our church orchestra and didn't want to spend 1500-1800 for a quality new horn this was a good alternative for me.
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: dbacon on 2003-09-25 21:38 ]
bkmdano
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about trying the CR 154. I like the Rose brass bell and I understand the new Courtios have a great reputation. My warburton mouthpiece is a French taper, from what you have said it will fit the Courtios. Has anyone ever compared them with the Kanstul flugels? How is the intonation? Since I sold my F Besson Brevette to buy my Lawler, I've missed my flugel.
Lawler TL6r1a
Schilke 1040 flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: