• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Was this a deal? 68 Olds Super cornet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
livertwist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahhhh! I *just* logged onto eBay and whaddya know. A '68 Olds Super cornet had just been listed. I just got my '33 Olds Super trumpet, so I thought I'd check it out. I realize that the late 60s are not considered to be Olds' best years, but I thought I'd take a look... The Buy It Now was set at $195!!!! So I jumped at it. It has several dents in the main tuning curve and a couple along the bell pipe before the flare. You can see the pics here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2560727465&category=16214

How bad are these dents and do you guys think I got a pretty good deal? Thanks for your input. Didn't I mention something about quitting eBay? Oooops. I'm not sure what the cost to repair are for these or whether or not they are easy to remove. Any thoughts?

Oliver

edit: changed the subject.

[ This Message was edited by: livertwist on 2003-09-25 23:19 ]
bgwbold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had one Olds from the 60s and it was just fine. I think the company didn't go out of business for another 9 or 10 years. The price seems reasonable and hopefully you can get the repairs done without having to sink a lot more money into the project. You can rescue another nice horn from the junk pile.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: