• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Photos - Dick Nash and Don Paladino

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airdyn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: New Photos - Dick Nash and Don Paladino Reply with quote

Please check out the new photos of Dick Nash playing a clear #6 Reinhardt mouthpiece on The Reinhardt Foundation website www.reinhardtfoundation.org along with a photo of Don Paladino, whom Harry James considered the greatest lead trumpet player he ever heard. Doc told me that Don Paladino played with a lower tooth imbedded into his lower lip and played his entire career that way. Doc never had him change that.
jwilson46
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was Jon Faddis who said Don Palladino was a huge influence on him. I think I saw this in a past ITG Journal. Can anyone verify this?

John
jwilson46
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got this wrong. One of Faddis' early teachers was Bill Catalono a former member of Kenton's Band.

It was Catalano who turned Faddis onto Dizzy. Other of his early influences include Snooky Young and Bill Chase.

I was getting Catalano and Paladino, both former Kenton members, mixed up.

I must research my answers more thoroughly in the future.

John
paladino

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Don Paladino Reply with quote

Don Paladino was discovered by Stan Kenton, playing a trumpet solo with our father at a park concert. Don was 12 and a prodigy. Hear it and he could play it with perfection.

Stan featured my brother Don at Shay Stadium. He was so little they had him sit on phone books.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: