• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

FULL or soft, DIRECT or light and "fluffy"???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
8vatrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: FULL or soft, DIRECT or light and "fluffy"??? Reply with quote

I'm getting back into mouthpiece buzzing, and I was wondering what is better...buzzing at mezzo forte or piano?? I'm sure those of you who were lucky enough to study with Mr. Stamp can offer up some great opinions...
thanks for your time...
mdavis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys who I studied Stamp with always were saying try to buzz softer. You are looking for the balance between air support and lip tension. If you are interested in Stamp there are a couple of great summer workshops held by some of his long time students. Roy Poper and Arto Hoornweg put on the Oberlin Trumpet camp, which I think might be full by now. And Malcolm McNab is also putting on a workshop this summer.

Check them out.
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Stamp trained teacher always demonstrated a mp-mf buzz with a noticable and intentional airy quality. He specifically cautioned against buzzing to loudly or producing too hard an edge in the tone.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: