• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet & Cornet Duet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpeternick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My good freind and I are planning on doing some Christmas carol duets near our town's open mall and at some other funections during the holiday season. I play trumpet, but my freind plays cornet. We've known each other quite a while but have never done any serious dueting together. (I'm 16 he's 14, been playing 7 and 5 years respectively). Is there any intonation, timbre, or any other issues that might be affected by dueting with 2 different horns? If there is, how can we help prevent them?

P.S. If anyone knows of some good, moderately challenging Christmas duets for 2 trumpets, let me know. Thanks!
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel there is nothing that you really have to worry about. The cornet may have a slightly mellower sound than the trumpet but for all intent and purposes no one will notice. Just remember to have fun and if you put out a donation bucket, remember to give it up to a worthy cause! (minus a few cents for hot chocolate)

"May the good sound be yours!"

"Always remember to blow into the proper end of the horn!"-circa. 1900 (Harry Gardoon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: