• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Book Based on Caruso Principles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Book Based on Caruso Principles Reply with quote

https://www.stringpartner.com/products/power-legit-trumpet-studies-download/

I saw this in the High Range Development Forum. It says that it is based on Caruso principles. Looks interesting.
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks interesting. Is there a video? It seems the whole method is based on his tonguing technique which I don't understand from the description. If there were a video demonstrating it, then I would know that I am doing it right and would buy the book. Otherwise, I don't want to proceed and do it all wrong.

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, I don't know anything about the book or the author, other than what it says on the website. But apparently there are videos that can be downloaded after one purchases the book. See this link;

https://www.stringpartner.com/test-2/
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It says "For future development only". Wonder what that means.
Maybe someone that owns the book can tell us if there are videos.

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gstump
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth be told, my book was published back in 1993. It has been available online since 2010. I had no intention of hawking this book on TH at this time. One of my University students found me here and also found his old studies on my website link. Since the cat is out of the bag I posted it in the Marketplace.

Just today I worked on the technology to offer some video tutorials on my website. You guys are good if you found the test link. It was only up for a short time. Yes, I will be posting some demos in the future. I am only in my 17th day of my comeback after more than 10 years off the horn. However like the Caruso Intervals, this is powerful stuff. Hopefully in about a month I will be able to demo up to G. I am up to E and squirrely Fs. As you all know, playing Caruso or Caruso type exercises up to a certain note is nothing like just popping out some high notes. My range up to double Bb is back but the endurance to actually play charts in that range is nowhere. Thank you very much for your interest in Power Legit Trumpet Studies. Emails will go out when the videos are up.

Gordon Stump
shofar
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gordon. I am very interested to hear more about your book.

Roger Wood
gstump
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome Roger. Do you have any specific questions?

The concept for the book is a series of Caruso type shorter "settings" within one large set. This would be similar to weightlifting say 10 sets of 12 reps each with short rest periods between sets.

My students going back to the 70's called these Stump Studies. The current name is not PC but I grew up with the term "legit" and the favorite of the old New York Contractors, "Broadway Legit".

When I was playing lead in Big Jazz Bands I noticed a big difference between playing high notes at the end of a tune or within a swing phrase and articulating them in a Rock chart or "Broadway Legit" show. In order to "own" these notes I needed to do something. If you can play the notes in PLTS you should be able to play them in any arrangement no matter what style or difficulty.
shofar
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gordon:

I have no other questions. Just interested to see the book & videos. Unfortunately, I did not get to study with CC. Although I was fortunate to learn some Caruso from John Harner when he was still in Vegas (only a couple lessons).

So I always enjoy learning new ideas about CC ie: Bobby Findley, Flexus, etc.

Talk at ya soon,

Roger
(818) 207-7578
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: