• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wild Thing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all you wild thing people out there. I am considering buying a wild thing, however I have been told that the mouthpiece I play (Monette B2), has too big of a drill size and backbore to work properly on a wild thing.
Any of you have an opinion on that?
trumpetquest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit odd to me...I absolutely loved the sound and playability of my WildThing with a Monette B2 mouthpiece. It was a GREAT combination for me! Remember, a horn and mouthpiece combination is all about personal preference...technical specifications only tell a small piece of the story.

Paul
SHS_Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a number of monette pieces on my WT and never had any problems!
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to match you, the mpc, and the horn. Flip plays a huge mouthpiece with a throat you could drive a truck through. (OK, maybe not that big, but everybody exaggerates! )

If you play a significantly less free blowing horn now, you may need to adjust to the blow. Some people find a different mpc helps, some don't. Chances are you're already used to an open blow and won't have a problem. I've played one Monette, once, for a very short time, in my WT and honestly can't recall a significant difference. It was an interesting trial, one I'd like to repeat with more time. Back on topic, the only one who can tell if the match is right is you. Flip 9and all of us, of course) will be glad to help you out (which way did you come in? ok, I'll stop now...)

Get the WT. Use your five days. Join the Wild Club!

Too many toys, too little time (and money)! - Don
DrDave
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing a Monette B4S PRANA on a WT with no problem.
I_Wanna_Scream

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to re-iterate the other posters on this thread. I have played a WT with various Monette pieces over the past year and settled on the BL for lead and B4 for legit, all works fine for me. Gives me a all round controllable sound which cuts when through when I want it to.

Graham
mononoke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been playing on my wild thing for quite some time since March.
Today something magical happened.

I am using a B4 Monette piece, and have always wondered if I could play more efficiently using a tighter mouthpiece since the wild thing is so whopping huge.

Thought i should post my comments on the horn here.

I had rehearsals the entire day today, and with the wildthing, I was not tired at all! At the end of a whole day I had no problem producing a quality sound near top of the range, and volume was never a problem!!!

I guess it takes time to settle in with the horn, but when you do, the results are amazing.

Just another note to add. I tried the #2 slide during orchestra rehearsal today and it wasnt easy playing out loud. But the #1 slide does all. I have no more questions about whether the wild thing can handle legit work, as I have witnessed for myself its versatility today.

My mouthpiece should be considered not very tight, and i have no problem matching it with the Wild thing. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: