• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Xeno vs. Bach Strad vs. Zeus G vs. Conn V1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know who Alex really reminds me of? Dave Monette-now no offense to Mr. Monette here (in fact, I feel bad comparing him to Dave-huge insult!) but think about it-many people dislike Dave because if they don't like his instruments Dave chalks it up to them playing wrong or inefficiently. Said this to Bud Herseth ifn I'm not mistaken.

Wow, Alex is so similar and just as ridiculous sounding! Everytime someone critiques the sound of his Zeus (as plenty said in that post I pointed out) he insists they are just too pissed off because "they paid more for a Bach" or what have you. Stop the b-s Alex, not everyone is a bitter fool who was brain-washed into buying a Bach, most of us just prefer an instrument that isn't your second-rate, made-from-Zig's-waste immitation Kanstul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dales
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citation, please, for Dave Monette telling Bud Herseth he plays inefficiently?
Zachary Music
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on so many threads again that I am scrambling as to where I should post. TrptMaster, I did miss you and I am glad you came back just for me. The secret between you and I is that you are a guitar enthusiast, not a trumpet player, but I won’t let anyone know this around here. When I realize how many personalities on this forum only exist because of ME, I am both honored and touched. I feel the love and the importance I make in your lives. This will not go un-rewarded.

Tom, that was very offensive what TrptMaster spewed out. I personally will apologize to you for him. After all as everyone here will agree, I created him. So I feel somewhat responsible. I hope you accept my apology.
I was critical of the WT many months ago but never about its qualities, just that the price is not affordable for most people. I actually have changed my opinion about that since taking a close look at my own purchasing habits. If I find something that really works for me then price is absolutely no factor.

Another ZeuSophile is born in Texas. I am more shocked than anyone at what a commotion this substandard, made from recycled Amati parts, Sears catalog reject junker is generating. Here is what a Texas band director and former Bach player has to say. I just got the email today.

Alex ....

My 3 day demo period has finally expired after purchasing my ZeuS G Silver Trumpet!
I have some very bad news for you friend .... "You won't be getting this horn back!"
I've enjoyed playing the horn and it's every bit a fine as by Bach 180-37 and Benge 3X ... actually
the sound is a bit warmer and the response is outstanding. The tuning is better on the ZueS
than either the Bach or the Benge. I'll also be interested in your upcoming Jazz Horn.

Thanks a bunch for the great horn, Joseph (Texas)
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe, isn't it Dale? I *think* I actually heard it on here...the story went something like this....Herseth was trying out a Monette (not sure what model) on a recording, and the people recording said it just wasn't coming through right. Herseth went back to his Bach and they said whatever he was doing was perfect, keep it up (they hadn't seen the horn change). He talked to Dave about this, who said he was playing inefficiently.

I could very well be mistaken on this, heck, it may just be a fabricated story. Perhaps someone else on the herald can verify?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HorneyMikey
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you are basically right on.........

Bud did try a certain "special" model Monette Dave made for him. It was a cross between the sound of a rotary horn and a piston horn. When Bud was using it, Barenboim and Solti said he was not cutting through as well as he can on his Bach, and his sound was not blending well with the rest of the brass section. When Bud went back to his Mount Vernon Bach, everybody said, "Yeah, Bud, THAT is the sound you are known for, and the horn that works for you".

As far as Monette telling Bud he was not playing "efficiently," if Monette really did say that to Bud, it would not surprise me...........

But, I have dealth with Dave Monette in the past. While he can be a bit abrasive, he has a great ear, and he actually did help me get adjusted to my Monettes. (When I had them).

To compare him to Alex is an insult to Dave Monette.

[ This Message was edited by: HorneyMikey on 2003-07-06 23:33 ]
TrptMan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

You are really an ... well there are a lot of idiots in this world so I won't insult them by putting you with them.

I am the only me on the T.H. ... it would seem as though I'm not the only one to see you for your true colors.

So ... I see another zues on eBay ... why don't you say who made this thing for you? (oh wait ... that would be another question you to choose not to answer, sorry Einstein) I could bet that who ever that company is ... would be disappoited in the semantics of your eBay add!

... the only TrptMan ...
dales
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. In other words, there is no citation available for the exact words I asked about. "I think I remember" and "It wouldn't surprise me" just doesn't cut it.
TrptMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales,

Please specify ... Not clear what you are asking?
Waxer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a comeback player presently blowing through a newly dialed-in Olds Special. I've been doing research to replace my stolen Reynolds Contempora with a modern pro level horn. If I do buy a Kanstul, it will have Kanstul stamped on it. If not, I'll buy a V-1, B-1 or B-6 or a Xeno. It's well worth the extra money to support genuine hornsmiths who do their own R&D.

[ This Message was edited by: Moderators on 2003-11-16 18:59 ]
WaxHaX0rS
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you reply to a thread that is over 4 months old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: