• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

A Big Thank You To Todd Davidson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most of you know, Todd is the owner of the Trumpet Herald website. But you probably don't know much about him, as he prefers to stay behind the scenes, and rarely posts.

I knew that he was the news editor of the ITG Journal, but other than that I was similarly in the dark about him, until recently.

For whatever reason, I was invited to the Moderators forum when it was formed. The invitation was hardly "formal." What happened was that I, and just about everybody else on TH saw a new icon at the bottom of the forum. I clicked it, and entered my password. Voila - I was in! And just like that, a few of us found ourselves in daily contact with the wizard behind the curtain.

The experience has been an eye-opener.

After several weeks of truly enjoyable give-and-take between all parties involved, including a phone conversation with the wizard himself, I can honestly say that Todd is the real deal. He's exactly the type of person that I would want in an ownership position, as he has tolerance, vision, and integrity to spare.

What he didn't have was somebody to help him out. This is an astonishingly complex web site folks. For him to be doing virtually everything by himself was just insane.

So, in creating the Moderators forum, he finally made a decision to share the load with some people who he felt shared his vision. We all quickly got a dose of reality, and learned some of the REAL hassles of maintaining a forum of this magnitude.

Now, here we are, several weeks later. Certainly, there have been some learning curves as everybody has adjusted on-the-fly to implement new ideas and improvements - tweaks if you will - to his already prodigious creation.

The new policies seem to be working well. Because of this (and new software improvements on the way!) I am feeling pretty darn good about the future of the Trumpet Herald. And even more, as the moderator of a new forum here, I feel incredibly lucky to be in the right place at this time (more on that in another post).

So Todd, thanks! It's been enjoyable being a part of the process. I can say without question that you deserve much more credit than you will probably ever get.

So, take a bow already!

Jeff Smiley
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, thanks. I appreciate your kind words.

Now, I'm eager to find out what 'The Balanced Embouchure' is all about! I'll be keeping an eye out in here ...

TD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: