• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Question about range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beginner #1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 days ago, I started to decrease the mpc. pressure I was playing with. I am felling that my chops are feeling muscular. Does range decrease if you start to do this automatically without any pro advice? Is it dangerous to do this? Should I keep playing middle and low range notes to keep my embouchure muscular and not inflamed? All answers would be appreciated.

Matt
ahtpt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as far as keeping your embouchure muscular and not inflamed, I'm not really sure what you mean by this. However, decreasing the mouthpiece pressure against your lips is a good thing, as long as you retain at least a seal between the mp. and lips. (ie, make sure you still produce a good sound!). When you are decreasing mouthpiece pressure, be sure and use plenty of air though. In my experience, the air begins to take the place of the pressure you HAD to use before, and thus enables you to play for longer periods of time, with better tone, range, and all the other things we trumpeters strive for
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: