• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

This is where this stuff belongs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimspeedjae
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: This is where this stuff belongs Reply with quote

In relation to:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1326691

Well... I joined and contributed to this forum on the basis it might be about people interested in discussing trumpets.

As it turns out it's no better than a bunch of squabbling little schoolboys having a p***ing contest. Anyone doing a search for information on these trumpets is going to end up here. And this is what they are going to find?

Why Kirk was brought into this conversation is beyond me, shame all those on you for doing so. Might be a great in-joke to long-time trumpet heralder's but to everyone else it just makes the thread confusing and eventually falls into being a complete waste of time.

As I've said before...if you don't to read his stuff, then scroll down and ignore it. Certainly don't invite him to contribute on a completely unrelated topic. Doing so makes your judgement and contributions to this site poor. It amazes me that people who endlessly complain about the guy obviously read his stuff (even when they say they never do) and then hijack threads to provoke him.

It's not the first time I've seen that on here either. Some people seem so obsessed with Kirks's ramblings that they don't realise that all their replies and responses only increase the tangential departures off topic and are as equally boring.

Kirk, the reason I have stopped reading you posts and have no respect for what you write is because even when you may have a valid point you are long-winded, repetitive, poorly-written and too much of your posts end up either defending something else you've already written about or causing provocation of one kind or another. In this instance, I don't blame you for feeling you had to respond - this time it wasn't you that hijacked the thread. Though you're not innocent of all charges in other threads.

But for God's sake, learn some brevity.

So maybe I'll check in from time to time, maybe buy or post something on the marketplace. But trying to make a meaningful contribution to trumpet opinion and information community on the web? Why waste my time only to have to wade through all this every time? Personally, I've got better things to do. And some of you "Heavyweight Members" should probably remember that TH isn't a personal club for you and that it's contents are read my many others who aren't interested in personal spats. They just want to know about trumpets.
Gregory Gilmore
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: This is where this stuff belongs... Reply with quote

Excellent post.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pointless diatribe.
Conn Collector
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:

The OP made 2 points,
about those who attack Kirk
and about Kirk himself.

Rusty thinks that 2=0 ?

Conn Collector

Morris playing "Conn 9a - Double C"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nqb-BOftg&feature=youtu.be

“Jesus gives eternal life”
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conn Collector wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

The OP made 2 points,
and about Kirk himself.

Rusty thinks that 2=0 ?

Conn Collector

As usual you are mixed up.

point·less [ póyntləss ]
without purpose or benefit: having no purpose, use, or sense, or any positive or beneficial effect

But the fact that you don't understand common idioms helps me understand why you defend the cap'n.
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this guy gets upset that kirk blows up a thread he cares about, makes a post scolding the general membership for not ignoring kirk, and then stomps his feet and says he's not coming back?

Perhaps it would have been easier to heed his own advice and just ignore kirk?

Nah...it's much more fun to act like one of the squabbling little schoolboys.
Conn Collector
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
Conn Collector wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

The OP made 2 points,
and about Kirk himself.

Rusty thinks that 2=0 ?

Conn Collector

As usual you are mixed up.

point·less [ póyntləss ]
without purpose or benefit: having no purpose, use, or sense, or any positive or beneficial effect

But the fact that you don't understand common idioms helps me understand why you defend the cap'n.

The OP made 2 points.

He denounced those who change the subject of threads just so that they can make ad hominem attacks against Kirk.

He then denounced the length and content of Kirk's posts.

So the OP was not choosing the side of Kirk or the side of the attackers,
because the OP said that both sides were at fault.

He also made a third point, that the first 2 points were causing him to leave TH.

So the OP had definite "purpose" in making his post.
He wanted to make those 3 points, and he explained those points very well.
His 3 points served the "benefit" of

1. sounding an honest warning to Kirk
2. sounding an honest warning to those who attack Kirk
3. sounding an honest warning to the TH administrators who let the situation continue to the point that some members are leaving TH

When you dishonestly denounce the OP as "pointless diatribe", you are acting like a troll.

Conn Collector

Conn Collector
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbdeamer wrote:
So this guy gets upset that kirk blows up a thread he cares about, makes a post scolding the general membership for not ignoring kirk, and then stomps his feet and says he's not coming back?

The OP gave a link to the thread in question.

You either didn't bother to read that thread,
or you are deliberately misrepresenting a thread that you did read.

The thread had absolutely nothing to do with Kirk,
but Lloyd deliberately made 2 posts dissing Kirk.
Only after that did Kirk enter the thread to defend himself against Lloyd's diss.
Kirk showed no interest in posting in that thread until after Lloyd dissed Kirk in that thread,
and even then Kirk merely posted a defense against what Lloyd had said about him.

So it was Lloyd who "blew up the thread" by dissing Kirk in a thread that had absolutley nothing to do with Kirk and in which Kirk had not even posted.

So, "gbdeamer", your post is 100 percent false.

Conn Collector

LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll am I? You are the one who violated the user agreement calling someone mentally ill, not me.

I already pointed out what pointless means in the context that I used it.

I will give you a clue, it has nothing to do with how many points someone makes.

The reason the post was pointless is that you and he are wrong. And no matter how many times you attempt to control others, they, and I, will continue to address the cap'n's inaccuracies.

Feel free to post your nonsense, but to me it is pointless.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I should thank you CC. Up until our recent discussion in another thread I was inclined to attempt to ignore the dear cap'n. In fact I had been doing so for a while now, only occasionally getting pulled in.

But then I realized, due to our discussions, that while I agree that it is wrong to attack the cap'n, it is our collective duty to the less knowledgable to correct the inaccuracies promulgated by the cap'n.
Conn Collector
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:

I already pointed out what pointless means in the context that I used it.

I will give you a clue, it has nothing to do with how many points someone makes.

The reason the post was pointless is that you and he are wrong. And no matter how many times you attempt to control others, they, and I, will continue to address the cap'n's inaccuracies.

Go to the link that was provided by the OP and read what the OP said about that thread.

The OP said that Lloyd was wrong to diss Kirk in a thread that had absolutley nothing to do with Kirk and in which Kirk had not even posted.

Neither you nor Lloyd or anyone else should "address the cap'n's inaccuracies" in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Kirk and in which Kirk has not even posted.
When you do so, you are changing the subject of a thread, you are deliberately baiting Kirk, you are engaging in ad hominem attack, you are acting like a troll.
That was 1 of the OP's 3 points, and it was an excellent point.

I have said that it is perfectly OK for everybody to publicly disagree with Kirk about anything and everything, to correct him when you think he is wrong.
I have also said that nobody has the right to attack Kirk.

I worked many years as a medical professional before physical illness forced me to retire.
I have said that we should show compassion towards Kirk.
I have said that we should obey the Golden Rule towards Kirk.
Whereas you don't exhibit compassion or the Golden Rule.

Conn Collector

gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conn Collector wrote:
gbdeamer wrote:

The OP gave a link to the thread in question.

You either didn't bother to read that thread,
or you are deliberately misrepresenting a thread that you did read.

The thread had absolutely nothing to do with Kirk,
but Lloyd deliberately made 2 posts dissing Kirk.
Only after that did Kirk enter the thread to defend himself against Lloyd's diss.
Kirk showed no interest in posting in that thread until after Lloyd dissed Kirk in that thread,
and even then Kirk merely posted a defense against what Lloyd had said about him.

So it was Lloyd who "blew up the thread" by dissing Kirk in a thread that had absolutley nothing to do with Kirk and in which Kirk had not even posted.

So, "gbdeamer", your post is 100 percent false.

Conn Collector

Annnd the knight in shining armor turns to attack me now to defend the hapless kirk.

You're the one with the reading comprehension issues pal. Your precious kirk blew up that thread in his typical fashion. Yes, Lloyd have have lit the fuse, but the wall of text that killed it was put there by kirk.

So YOU are the one who is deliberately, "100 percent" misrepresenting the facts.

Oh if only there was a white knight here to come to my defense!!! Conn Collector is viciously attacking me with falsehoods and misrepresentations! Oh where is MY hero?????

Oh wait.

This is the internet.

Shouldn't be taken so seriously...
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having worked in the medical profession does not give you any right to lecture others about how to post. Nor violate the user agreement. I expected you to correct your error in posting about what you suspect is an illness, but in your compassion you leave it in place. Pot, meet kettle.

While the OP on this thread did spend a couple of paragraphs discussing the thread he linked, he then lectured the forum on not responding to the cap'n's posts. As I have pointed out, you and he, are wasting your time lecturing the forum. It is pointless.

Let's discuss the so called Golden Rule. I actually am following it by posting as I would expect others to post to me if I were Kirk. In fact the cap'n expects people to correct him, he stated in one post that he is often wrong, but that is how he learns. So where am I doing anything wrong as long as I am respectful? Which I try to be.

You on the other hand only seem to think this applies to the cap'n. Your posts to those of us who don't meekly submit to your view of the world are hardly respectful. Pot, meet kettle.

Let's address your opinion about referring to others who have not posted on a thread. First, I never commented on that. If you stopped to think you would realize that if there are no posts, then there are no inaccuracies to correct.

But this oblique referral happens all the time. For instance in the current monette thread someone makes fun of the wild thing devotees in the same way that Lloyd did the cap'n. Perhaps you should jump on that thread and lecture them?

So to sum up:

I did not comment on what you consider to be an excellent point.
I am following the golden rule.
I am not adding oblique referrals to derail threads.
I am responding to the cap'n's inaccuracies, attempting to be respectful, which the cap'n has stated is a learning device that he uses.
Avan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !! This thing is still going on?

Geezzz.........

" Man Without an Audience "
Album Release - 2017
" Mi Vida es Una Cancion "
Album release - 2022

USAF 1974-1980 E-4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: