• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

RO#4 vs regular embouchure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valerie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: RO#4 vs regular embouchure Reply with quote

I have found most of my young F. horn students can play higher when they ascend from pedal F in RO#4 then they can with their "regular" embouchure. They are often surprised that high F's, A's and sometimes high C's pop out effortlessly with RO#4, yet they struggle with staff top F's in their regular playing. Have any of you noticed the same phenomenon either in yourself or your students? If so, can anyone propose an theory for why this may be so?
MaryAnn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that RO#4 has a more focused aperture than their regular embouchure and that is why the notes come out more easily. In time this focus will "migrate" to their regular embouchure as they progress in their study of BE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: