• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Can trumpet players relate to this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valerie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Can trumpet players relate to this? Reply with quote

Can trumpet players relate to this, since you guys don't play "low trumpet"?
http://beforhorn.blogspot.com/2014/03/val-on-tues-my-be-arrived-and-i.html
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarely. But I can empathize if not sympathize with the horns in our orchestra and band...

A lot of orchestral second parts (and sometimes other parts, and of course they are found in other music charts as well) jump all over the staff, from well below to well above, sometimes in the same measure. Anything that improves your ability to play those intervals cleanly and with good sound in any register is beneficial. As you , Jeff, and all BE'r's know well.
Valerie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play high, too. In the fall I was asked to play low horn. It was the "lowest" low horn part I ever played with double low A's to be held for 10 measures. Sheesh! I really, REALLY had to hit the BE materials hard to get my low register to speak consistently.
Larrios
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story!

Ko
MaryAnn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This low register stuff is something I am wondering about. While RO on pedals has a lot of upper lip in the cup and the lower lip wrapped around the outside of the rim, the low register technique that is accurate for my playing is the opposite: more lower lip in the cup and the upper lip "set in" but of course not being pressured. This has me slightly confused as to why it works but over the years it is the more dependable way of playing very low without running into no-speakies. It makes me wonder if perhaps I am supposed to be an up-blower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: