• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Centex Brass: An Experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Centex Brass: An Experience. Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to write a quick post with the intention of recognising the good work from the good people at Centex Brass.

I recently purchased a Schilke soprano cornet through them internationally, having them ship this instrument to the land of AUS.

I had a delay in receiving this instrument, due to complications with customs (all of which were due to Australia's super-vigilant customs practices), and Centex contacted me to make sure everything was alright when they saw the shipment hadn't been marked as "delivered" yet.

Upon receiving the instrument, it was VERY well packed and protected, and even the very packaging was unscathed after it's journey halfway across the planet!

Please consider Centex when looking for excellent service when looking to buy an excellent second-hand horn. I am absolutely besotted with my new toy!

Cheers,
-G
Bach Strad 229 C with Larson "O" Leadpipe/Slide
Bach Strad 182 Flugel
houdini1313
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo your post but not with shipping, but customer experience. I traded a Bb to go towards a piccolo trumpet, and was impressed with their communication (fast emails) and accurate descriptions of used horns. I highly recommend checking them out for buying and selling horns.
Stomvi Piccolo

Hammond, Patrick, and Reeves Mouthpieces
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Centex Brass: An Experience. Reply with quote

GrahamB wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to write a quick post with the intention of recognising the good work from the good people at Centex Brass.

I recently purchased a Schilke soprano cornet through them internationally, having them ship this instrument to the land of AUS.

I had a delay in receiving this instrument, due to complications with customs (all of which were due to Australia's super-vigilant customs practices), and Centex contacted me to make sure everything was alright when they saw the shipment hadn't been marked as "delivered" yet.

Upon receiving the instrument, it was VERY well packed and protected, and even the very packaging was unscathed after it's journey halfway across the planet!

Please consider Centex when looking for excellent service when looking to buy an excellent second-hand horn. I am absolutely besotted with my new toy!

Cheers,
-G

Congratulations on your horn. I know the original owner of that one, I was tempted to buy it myself, but ... I don't play sop and really don't want to.
GrahamB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Centex Brass: An Experience. Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to say that I'm thoroughly pleased with how Centex (Clay, in particular), dealt with the transaction. I understand that shipping from the USA to Australia is expensive and difficult, and I have been flatly denied by vendors on many occasions because of my location.

The cornet was extremely well packaged, and I deduced from the paperwork that they'd used what seemed to be the most premium postage option. No skimping on their part.

As for the cornet? I've had it for 24 hours now, and I love it.

I recently bought another Schilke when I was in the UK, and while it plays well, the bottom register is quite out of tune. This horn, however, is in flawless condition and plays like a dream.

Can't wait for rehearsal on Monday night to really put this bad boy through its paces!
Bach Strad 229 C with Larson "O" Leadpipe/Slide
Bach Strad 182 Flugel
mcgovnor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: clay Reply with quote

Clay is stand up righteous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: