• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

ITG 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: ITG 2014 Reply with quote

Just an early heads-up. I know ITG isn't until late May but I'm letting everyone know that the Getzen and Edwards booths will have a few new prototype horns to try. We will be presenting some horns and taking player feedback and input during the show.

I can't get too specific but we are working on some remarkable updates to an existing model as well as a ground-up new build. We will have a few surprises that I will let you guys in on before the show.

See you there!
They Call Me Rider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Super excited to see what you guys have to offer! I'm headed out with David Cooper and the rest of our studio at UW-P. I'm currently playing a Gen 3 X, but looking to sell and take a visit a few hours east to your shop to put together a new Bb. Maybe I'll have to wait to see a new model?
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait. Jim Stella and I are working on a few things that the Edwards crowd will be interested in. I am excited to get some feedback from those of you willing to try them.
They Call Me Rider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up, I am very curious now and May won't be able to come fast enough! The best is getting better! Will you be taking a surplus of accessories i.e. leadpipes out with you or is that something I should contact Christian about?
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be representing both Getzen and Edwards at the show. (Michael will be there as well.) Drop Christian a line and I will bring extras.
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few things to share.

We will have two prototype piccolos at ITG this year that we will be taking player feedback on and if everything goes well will continue improve them for a tentative 2015 release. Both of these piccs are very different from what we have done in the past and are receiving the same treatment that our new flugel had.

We are also aiming to have two prototype trumpets there as well.

We will be taking notes and player feedback during the show and may even extend the testing program out of shop afterward. If anyone that is attending ITG in May would like to participate either email or PM me and we will set something up.
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototype horn update!

Getzen: Our prototype piccolo trumpet is shaping up very nicely. We are very proud of our progress thus far even though we have plenty of time left in development.

Edwards: The prototype piccolo trumpet may or may not make it. We have a bit more to iron out on this and won't bring something that isn't worth bringing. Edwards will also have a prototype C trumpet as well. We are very excited about this one.

Sometime after ITG I will post a similar series similar to the flugel thread.
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had more players try the two piccs than expected. Special thanks to those that filled out some paper work to help us evaluate them.

Even though they are in such an early point of their development we had a lot of good feedback.

About sixty percent of people preferred the Getzen prototype over the Edwards but everyone that tried the Edwards was surprised how big of a sound that little horn produced.

We took plenty of notes and will spend the coming months evaluating and refining these horns until we are satisfied with our efforts. I will share more with the process and direction they are headed and keep you all in the loop as we go.

I enjoyed very much sharing what and why we did what we did with the Custom Reserve flugel and look forward to showing you our future projects.
Capsyde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG 2014 WAS A SLAM DUNK! AWESOME !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: