• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Slobber with Roll Out excercise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Handballsteve
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the book and have been working at it hard. i believe I have improved because of it. I am grateful to Jeff. Thanks Jeff.
Now, when I do the roll out excercises I have to wipe the excess saliva off my chops and face between each attempt. Is this just me?
1962 Getzen Eterna Cornet LB
1973 Schilke 3 valve Pic.
Lex Grantham
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saliva dripping down my chin is a nuisance to me, too. I have always seemed to have an over-abundance of the wet stuff.

I concentrate of trying to have the contact of the mouthpiece with the lips form a seal so that there will be less trouble with the dribbling. Maybe what is occurring is that we are attempting to keep the corners TOO loose for proper functioning. I have to think about this for better results.

Some people state that over-analysis is bad, but I suppose a compromise has to be found.

Best wishes,

Lex Grantham

[ This Message was edited by: Lex Grantham on 2004-01-02 22:35 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: