• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

RI start on high E

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OndraJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: RI start on high E Reply with quote

Does anyone start RI exercises on E above high C and find it beneficial?

I thought it could be helpful because my progress stuck since a while.

I've talked to Jeff and he said, that he don't know a strong leadplayer who build his range by doing RI on high E.
All of them build their range by RO#4, ALS and the TOL up there. All of them start their RI on high C.

Your thoughts on this are very welcome.
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of them build their range by RO#4, ALS and the TOL up there. All of them start their RI on high C.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that (exactly). I've worked with some players who have built their range without any roll in exercises at all. Of those eventual lead players I worked with who used RI, I can't remember any who needed to go above a high C on the exercise. That's usually high enough for progress to kick in with the other exercises.

The point of this was to stop players from thinking that getting higher and higher when doing the RI is somehow a secret to success. On the contrary, the vast majority of players - but not all, I suspect - do not require a higher RI than C to develop properly. The key is to establish a strong and smooth RI motion in the normal playing register, as opposed to how high you go with the RI exercise.

Jeff
OndraJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to quote you inexactly. Thank you very much for quick help all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: