• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The problem with playing the position , please help .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryRussianMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: The problem with playing the position , please help . Reply with quote

Good afternoon colleagues. I apologize for my English, because I am an ordinary Russian student.
Two months ago I started to play the trumpet full stance RI using air pockets, folding lips and the like. Because I did not play a month, and then felt my old game do not like me, and my lips easily Roll In. So, dear Jeff I fluff associated with Nikita, and I play this position, but many say it is wrong. What should be the lip between the two extremes. I can not ROLL OUT 3,4 go to his position, and if it turns out, the lips feel sluggish and weak to go up. Without the pedal up is easier than to climb to the pedal position. Because I have a position in RI lips.
My colleagues in Skype to show and tell that they have changed the ear cushions mouth . What BE gradually erased the old and added new.
I have an old embouchure was uncomfortable for my big mouth and I am tormented . I could not play before high, and even more so for a long time . Now I can play above, and for a long time , but I miss the sound sometimes , a good attack. and spent a lot of breath on my new position ( RI ) . I have read the forum and the opinions of people came to the conclusion that one point RO RI another point , in the middle of my lip ... how can I be?
Excuse me, I wrote through Google translator
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What should be the lip between the two extremes.

That is the core of what you are asking. There is no exact answer. It's a balance that typically develops over time. You can develop a balance without doing the extreme RI and RO, but in my experience such a balance most often lacks dynamism as the lips are not adequately contributing their fair share to the overall embouchure equation.

You say that people are telling you that you are doing it wrong. Who is telling you this? If it is non-BE people, at some point you have to stop worrying about random opinions and do what is recommended to see where it leads.

It sounds like you are trying to adopt a RI setup cold turkey, which i almost never recommend. It takes a lot of mental toughness to get the lower notes to speak properly. Most players get frustrated and give up long before this happens.

Regarding this particular issue, you need personal attention from an experienced teacher. This forum is a poor substitute.

Jeff
pirni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You need help from good trumpet teacher
2) For BE practise - first ! NB attention ! read BE book !!! all consepts and instructions !

You can not try BE without knowledge from book.

BE works for all my kids from music school and pro.players - students through internet. But sorry you are not my student.

Nikita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: