• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What's magic about the six notes?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrpPro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point to be made is that CC never said to me that the goal was to eliminate movement: only to reduce it to a minimum. Reducing it to a level such that it doesn't get in the way when performing music.

The perception of movement is similar to pressure; it's not a flaw. It's not a bogeyman. If it doesn't get in the way, don't worry about it.
pepperdean
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carmine told me the beauty of the pedals was to teach the lips to work by themselves without the "twist."

Alan
Slowblue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the things others have mentioned about the six notes, I've found that removing unnecessary movements when I start to play (I play the six notes after the first Clarke exercise every day) has helped to clean up my playing. Starting off with a good feel for lip position gives me more confidence in pitching notes. It might be similar to how those doing martial arts often start with simple building block moves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: