• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp with Malcolm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdMann
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Stamp with Malcolm Reply with quote

A quick shout out to those looking to study the Stamp method with someone who's worked it, WITH Stamp for over 50 years, and applied the precepts to his playing on thousands of movie soundtracks and recordings: Malcolm McNab. After a handful of lessons, he's improved my playing by leaps, and there is a particular way to handle this material. He's one of those cats who can both play AND teach, and that's rare, friends. Find him on facebook, and his summer trumpet camp is filling up!

ed
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Evans in Glendora is also a notable Stamp student. Dave also has been one of the coaches at camp McNabb.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart

Last edited by cheiden on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mzony
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you are interested in Malcolm, his teaching, and his approach to Stamp you shouldn't miss out on Camp McNab. The last week of July at Asusa Pacific University.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: