• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

MF Band with Micah Bell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFRoberts5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: MF Band with Micah Bell Reply with quote

Check out the line up....Micah Bell...one of Jeff's students..and he is also playing on the BE CD that comes with the book....
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloyd, for posting about Micah. But let me be clear. While I enjoyed working with Micah for a couple of years - including when he was first chair all-state jazz in Texas - I DO NOT take credit for developing his chops. Micah was the type of player who figured it out the range thing at an early age. My role was merely to keep him moving more or less in the right direction.

Micah never played with Maynard. But the interesting thing about Micah, more than anyone else I know, is that he is very social and knows just about everyone in the industry. Plus, he is a very good player. So, I'm not surprised to see him doing this gig.

Good for him!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: