• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lip position relative to teeth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flugle-me-elmo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here's a question: When I am attempting to do my new BE embouchure, I find that my bottom lip is at least at the line where my top front teeth end and usually a bit past. This is not as extreme as the superchops pictures I've seen, but there is definately a kind of "swoop" that my tounge and air are doing to get around those teeth and to the top lip. Is this an issue I need to try to address? If I bring my lips together so that the lip line is right in line with the teeth line, my top lip imitates when you're shaving your top lip and you stretch it fairly far downward. Any comments on any of this?

Thanks for any input,

Chris
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

If you are talking about tonguing while rolled-in, you may have to drag the lips down a bit (page 88, last paragraph). Your tongue is your guide here.

Only do this when your rolled in position is well-established, as kind of next stage of development. Tonguing with a lowered setup will likely feel bouncy and clumsy in the beginning.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: