• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mechanics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Mechanics? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KzM8QeT88

2:26 there is a shot of him taking a breath. Even though it's not a close-up of his chops and this vid doesn't provide one, can you guys be certain if he's breathing through his mouth center here or no?

This is the guy I learned the most from while in College, and almost certainly I learned more from him about trumpet than from anyone else before studying with Dave Sheetz, 25 years later. For those of you who may not know of Bobby, he has been the only trumpet player in Earth Wind & fire for many years now, and he's always 'killin' it.' Man, the two of us crammed into a tiny little practice room was enough to make anyone nuts from all that sound bouncing all over the place! And the horrible pianos they had in there with us would RING, non-stop.

I hope you enjoy listening to his playing! There's also some nice sax playing at 4:45 for those of you who like that sort of thing, haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: