• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Just back from ITG 2017 in Hershey PA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Just back from ITG 2017 in Hershey PA! Reply with quote

It was definitely a life-changing experience!

As an exhibitor, I was unable to make many of the performances that took place between 9 am and 5 pm, but I made all of the evening concerts and was absolutely blown away.

I am more motivated than ever to get in the woodshed and practice smarter and better.

Al Vizzutti was unbelievable on Saturday.

Festival of Trumpets on Saturday afternoon was excellent! I was so glad that I was able to hear all of those compositions and all the great playing!

The Army Blues with Tony Kadlek (and a couple other guests) was fantastic on Saturday night.

Thomas Gansch is so great it's simply other-wordly and impossible to convey in words the impact he made on me. That was Friday night.

The Washington Symphonic Brass with arrangements by Phil Snedecor was a total mind-blower (I sat near the front . . . WOW!), also on Friday night.

Andrea Motis killed it with the house rhythm section (which was also simply outstanding). She's 22 and plays with such maturity, it was such an inspiration! I think she played on Thursday night.

Terrell Stafford and the Philadelphia Jazz Orchestra were great, although many of us wished Terrell had played more, and there was supposed to be a surprise appearance of Jon Faddis that night, but unfortunately the signals were crossed. But Nick Marchione, John Walsh and Tony DeSantis (and I forget the other guy's name . . . Luke?) were an amazing trumpet section that night (I think that was Thursday, also).

Anyway, it was a stupendous experience, and I am so glad I went!

Looking forward to hearing from others as to what they heard that changed their lives. Thanks, ITG!
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was an amazing conference full of positive vibes and love! What a treat it was jamming with you again Rich!

I think this was the best ITG I attended not only because of the music and musicians but the spirit of positivity was off the charts great.

-T
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get to hear Andrea Motis or Bria Skonberg?

Pete
rufflicks
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chance to hear Bria at the Jacksonville Jazz Fest and at the ITG. She is a fine player and singer. Her sets are very enjoyable. She takes the listener on a journey that does not disappoint both artistically and musically.

Best, Jon

Remember this is supposed to be fun.
rufflicks
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Trent, there was a wonderful vibe at the conference. The performances were outstanding and the hang was full of warmth. If you have never been to an ITG conference I highly recommend putting it on your list. They are an experience worth having.

Best, Jon

Remember this is supposed to be fun.
Boydc1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate I missed it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: