• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Courtois CT722 Cornet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bionx
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Courtois CT722 Cornet Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone tried Courtois' 722 Cornet? I tried searching around but there's very little information about this cornet. I've heard and read a lot of positive reviews about Courtois cornets, and I am now interested to get one. How does it play? And how does it compare to, say, a Yamaha Maestro? Is a used 722 Cornet that is in great condition worth 700USD? Or will I be better off with a used Yamaha Maestro that is about 600USD?

I'm a trumpet player, and only play cornet occasionally.

thanks!
C Conn Vintage One
Bb Yamaha Xeno YCR-8335S
Scodwell USA Flugelhorn
Bflatman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not want to spend that kind of money on an instrument I hadnt played.

As for is it worth 700, a secondhand cornet can cost over 1000 USD. The yamaha maestro I have seen sell for between 800 USD and 1000 USD so I think that at 600 USD it is good value but that depends on its condition.

As for which is better, the Courtois is said to be semi professional, the yamaha is said to be professional. I would trust the yamaha to be absolutely consistent and representative of the model with no surprises.

Yamaha are almost unique in being able to trust their products untested. I purchased a yamaha untested and was not let down, on the contrary it was a pleasure and a good instrument.

Additionally yamaha are well known with a great reputation and if you have to sell the instrument there will be a ready market for it and it will maintain its price. It is also the cheaper of the two, and it has triggers on first and third slides where the courtois has only ring and saddle.

Go for the yamaha it makes good sense unless you can play the courtois and discover it is your favorite, and with the 100 dollars you have saved by buying the yamaha buy a meal in a fancy restaurant for the wife to soften the blow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: