• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vibrass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet56
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Vibrass Reply with quote

Has anyone tried or had any experience with this product?

'VIBRASS is a completely new device for massaging the lips and facial muscles. A vibrating mouthpiece gently massages the lips increasing the blood circulation. VIBRASS helps to relax and regenerate the embouchure after a concert or practising. Tired and aching lips are no longer a problem. Use it after a strenuous concert and you are able to begin afresh within minutes. VIBRASS is also comfortable to operate and ideal to use before warming-up. VIBRASS can be used by all brass and double reed players. All mouthpieces and reeds fit comfortably into the device. VIBRASS – for the use of professionals, amateurs, students – for everyone!

VIBRASS is very easy to operate. The device is battery powered and uses normal batteries. A small electric motor drives a shaft which in turn vibrates the conical adaptor into which your horn, cornet/trumpet, euphonium/baritone, trombone or tuba mouthpiece then fits (a separate adaptor is supplied for each instrument).

VIBRASS massages, strengthens and increases blood circulation in the muscles of the embouchure, using your own mouthpiece. Before playing, it should be only used for about two minutes to avoid too much blood flowing into the lips. After playing, it can be used for 5 – 10 minutes to relax and regenerate the embouchure. The optimal length of time to use it differs according to personal taste'.
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Absolutely useless for me.
Bob Stevenson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are wise you will treat this with extreme caution. About 30 years ago I had the chance to play with a small hand held sports massager and after reading the documentation about the beneficial break down of tissue and increased blood supply etc., I became quite excited about what could it could do for my lips with possibilities of much improved endurance......

.........After just a couple of minutes of very pleasant vibes to lips and facial muscles I discovered with some horror that It was quite impossible to play at all!...any attempt to form a bond between lips and mpc just failed and air escaped unhindered around the rim! More seriously, the effects took several days to completely disappear!
giakara
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltrane wrote:
Yes.
Absolutely useless for me.

+1 , chopsaver works much better and when my chops are total busted the La tromba lip balm is the best.

Regards
Getzen eterna 910 C
Getzen eterna 850 cornet
Selmer Paris 3 valve picc
Yamaha 731 flugel
Carol mini pocket
Reeves/Purviance mpcs
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Lips and vibrators Reply with quote

When I was playing the Siegfried and Roy show here in Las Vegas, it was certainly harder work than playing lead with Buddy Rich and I would use a hand held massager (Oster) on my chops to get some circulation going prior to retiring for the evening. About five minutes seemed enough and for sure you couldn't play after the massage but as I was soon falling asleep that wasn't a concern. Doc Severinsen was working at the Sands with his "Now Generation Brass" and Snooky Young was playing lead. The Sands showroom was draped in black velvet curtain material and Doc kept asking for more volume from Snooky and his chops were suffering. I told Snooky about my massage routine and he gave it a try. He called the next day to tell me how much better his chops felt and he kept the Oster for the whole gig. Just my experiences but I thought it was worth relaying.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
trumpet56
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. As for all things trumpet it works for some but not for others.
Richard M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Robinson's Remedies Lip Renew for endurance Reply with quote

This product was invented by a professional trumpet player who was a lifelong cold sore sufferer. After developing a product called Lip Repair, he decided to develop a product specifically for wind musicians to improve both endurance DURING PERFORMANCE and recovery after.

It has no wax or grease so it absorbs in seconds. It uses all natural ingredients to reduce swelling, prevent excess lactic acid buildup in the muscle and vasodialators to improve the flow of oxygen rich blood to the muscles.

check it out: www.robinsonsremedies.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: