• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Interesting find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AwesomeDad
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Interesting find Reply with quote

Okay I'm gonna put this out to the collective. I've got the opportunity to pick up a very nice mint condition con 36B at a reasonable price. I'm also looking at the 991 from Kanstul and possibly the Adams A6 so I'm not asking opinions on the horns themselves have read all the stuff that's been posted here and I've talked to people that have them. I understand it's hit or miss on whether you like the horns or don't like the horns but I'm wondering I can get the 36 for now and kinda get an idea if I like that style horn and keep it because it'll possibly be a collectors item down the road and save up and get a new horn later or I'm also looking at a gently used 991 which means that I can get both the 991 and the 36B for the same price as a new horn total.

JJ
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would go with this option: " I can get both the 991 and the 36B for the same price as a new horn total."

Get them both and sell the one you don't like.
Getzen 4 B mouthpiece
Yamaha 11 e mouthpiece
AwesomeDad
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrowjf@gmail.com wrote:
Personally I would go with this option: " I can get both the 991 and the 36B for the same price as a new horn total."

Get them both and sell the one you don't like.

Kinda of what I'm thinking as long as the timing works out...Both are mint no dents or dings.

JJ
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Interesting find Reply with quote

I played a 36 b for years from age 13 to 23 and college. I used a Getzen eterna cornet for symphonic band that that became my horn. I used the Conn for lab and a little practice but there was no comparison in quality. I have been told that the 36 b has been tested to be the biggest sounding trumpet in termes of sound out the bell of anything ever made. It would project, but it didn't compare to the LA Benge I replaced it with. Kanstul makes good stuff so I would go with the recommendation above, get the two for the price of new or alittle less and sell one of em. That is my opinion. I really should have been out of the Conn and into Schilke or something my jr. year of high school. Good Luck with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: