• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Charles Colin Advanced Lip Flexibilities Question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Charles Colin Advanced Lip Flexibilities Question Reply with quote

On page 47 of the complete volumes 1, 2, 3 (or page 23 of volume two), the exercise is titled "Expanding Range to G# above High C" . The previous open partial the book expands to is High F#. Should I just assume this exercise intends to work through the harmonic series with G above high C the end goal, instead of G#? This seems like a rather egregious publishing error.
rufflicks
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see on page 48 (the continuation) takes you to a high G# Did you turn the page????

Best, Jon

Remember this is supposed to be fun.
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I never turned the page. No publisher in the history of the trumpet has ever made a mistake before and I am so brain dead that I only looked at the one and only page in the entire book. I have, furthermore, never looked at any other method book in the history of the trumpet. Thank you to the enlightened trumpetherald masses that have been a bastion of light on my quest for knowledge.

Last edited by fnchdrms87 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fnchdrms87 wrote:
No, I never turned the page. No publisher in the history of the trumpet has ever made a mistake before and I am so brain dead that I only looked at the one and only page in the entire book. I have, furthermore, never looked at any other method book in the history of the trumpet. Thank you to the enlightened trumpetherald masses that have been a bastion of knowledge to my quest for knowledge.
Well, that'll surely get people to assist you...
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if I understood correctly, that was a bizarrely hostile reply from fnchdrms87, particularly to Jon who is always extremely gracious and helpful on this forum.

Relax, fnchdrms87! It's just some words on the internet!
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Turkle

Quote:
It's just some words on the internet!

Pot, meet kettle.

I asked a rather simple question. Should I assume the publisher made an error? I am lead to believe that the answer is, unequivocally, yes. Instead, the first response was:

Quote:
Did you turn the page????

Wow. How stupid do you think I am? How would I function as a normal everyday human being? It's amazing that even I get out my front door everyone morning. I spill my food all over myself and crap my pants at random intervals. Turn the page?!? What an idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people who regularly post on trumpetherald probably have never, and will never in the their trumpet playing careers, make it to the back of the book, so it was pretty generous of me to assume someone else would have a decent answer who actually frequents this antiquated wasteland of a messageboard.

So, like I said again. Thank you for the much needed enlightenment.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: