• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Waheera arturo theory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yugga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Waheera arturo theory Reply with quote

Learning this gorgeous latin ballad. My theory is less than basic. As far as I can tell it's in g minor with bs and es flat. Doesn't sound an especially complex melody. However there's a bit up high with a g flat resolving to an e natural. What's going on there?
bnsd
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the song, if you could post a link, and a time stamp about where you are asking.

If I understand correctly, the song is flowing along in Gm, and an F# goes to E? Does the song go back to Gm after that? Or does the whole tune modulate?

My high school theory from 40 years ago hasn't really done any good so far, but I figure I should at least understand what you are asking
yugga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnsd wrote:
I'm not familiar with the song, if you could post a link, and a time stamp about where you are asking.

If I understand correctly, the song is flowing along in Gm, and an F# goes to E? Does the song go back to Gm after that? Or does the whole tune modulate?

My high school theory from 40 years ago hasn't really done any good so far, but I figure I should at least understand what you are asking

24 to 33 there are a few f#s es and c #s they come up again later too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntsZKk8rPo4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: