• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Breslmair thread size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregBackwards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Breslmair thread size Reply with quote

I have a modular Breslmair mouthpiece that someone is interested in buying from me. They asked if the thread sizes matched the threads on Warburton/Parke/Bach modular mouthpieces. I don't have any other mouthpieces to test this on, and my knowledge of hardware is pretty sparse.

Anyone know if Breslmair parts are interchangeable with Warburton/Parke/Bach mouthpieces?
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Breslmair thread size Reply with quote

GregBackwards wrote:
I have a modular Breslmair mouthpiece that someone is interested in buying from me. They asked if the thread sizes matched the threads on Warburton/Parke/Bach modular mouthpieces. I don't have any other mouthpieces to test this on, and my knowledge of hardware is pretty sparse.

Anyone know if Breslmair parts are interchangeable with Warburton/Parke/Bach mouthpieces?

Breslmair cup/backbore interface threads are definitely NOT compatible with the standard Warburton/Parke/etc threads (I still have backbore parts with both Breslmair and Warburton threads).

Not 100% sure on the rim threads, but from memory they didn't match a Parke I had and didn't match my Reeves either - but again I'm not 100% sure I'm remembering correctly, I'm happy to be corrected about it.
trumpet56
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
mattfrost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breslmair rim/underpart section threads are not the same as Bach/Parke or Reeves.

Should this be an issue I offer two services that help:

1) I can re-thread a rim section that has Breslmair threads with Bach/Parke threads.

2) I can make an adapter that you screw a Breslmair rim onto, that then screws onto a Bach/Parke underpart section.

As stated in the above post, the backbore section threads are also different, and I can also re-thread those with Warburton/Parke/Pickett/Kanstul threads if desired.

Always happy to help,

Matt Frost

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frost-Custom-Brass/102833176512549
GordonH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are currently not the same threads, BUT if you buy a warburton cup or backbore in Europe there is now an option to have them in Breslmair threads. This is actually quite sensible as Breslmair don't make many commercial type backbores. I can imagine this getting a bit confusing in a few years time as they start appearing on the second hand market.

See:
https://www.trumpetgear.net/product-page/original-warburton-backbore-with-breslmair-threads

One of the issues you will have with interchangeability is that most Warburton backbores have a #28 throat. Most of the orchestral Breslmair cups have a #24 throat.
Cornet - Geneva Heritage, Conn 28A
Mouthpieces - Monette 1-5 rims and similar.

Licensed Radio Amateur - GM4SVM
Nausiiik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Breslmair thread size Reply with quote

GregBackwards wrote:

Now they started to work together Breslmair and Warburton, so it is possible combine Breslmair and Warburton
Trumpeters Fury

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GordonH wrote:
One of the issues you will have with interchangeability is that most Warburton backbores have a #28 throat. Most of the orchestral Breslmair cups have a #24 throat.

Actually, Warburton uses a stock #27 throat. They also offer a symphonic #24 throat, and will make a custom throat in other sizes as well, by order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: