• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Best Backpack Triple Case?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmac3317
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Best Backpack Triple Case? Reply with quote

I've had a Reunion Blues super triple trumpet back for 13 years and I love it, but I just realized today that it's a big part of what's been causing some lower back and hip problems on one side of my body.

I love this case because I can carry either two trumpets and a piccolo or even a Bb, flugelhorn, and a piccolo when needed for certain musicals and it's a reasonable size.

Is there a backpack style case that can do all of these things? I'm open to any suggestions. If you have something like this that works for you, please let me know what it is. Thanks!

www.christianmcivormusic.com
www.christianmcivor.bandcamp.com
breden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably already know about the Torpedo Coyote. You can get it with the backpack straps but I think the new redesign which is forth coming will include an option for a pull handle. Perhaps Steve can confirm. I too struggle with getting the weight of the case off of my back - so the pull option seems viable. This case is really excellent in terms of quality and can host a b flat, flugel and pic. Not many cases can accommodate that in a small footprint. I recently ordered a competitors case and promptly returned it as from just a first look the quality was no where close to what Torpedo puts out. Their cases cost more but you can't go wrong with the quality - if that matters for you. Very seldom do the Coyote cases come up for sale on Trumpet Herald - but I have seen a couple. Perhaps check with the company to see what the update is on the new line of Coyote cases.
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomvi Quad... super versatile, durable, strong, and small sized. I love mine!
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
cmac3317
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stomvi Quad... super versatile, durable, strong, and small sized. I love mine!

This looks perfect!! I assume it's pretty protective, right? And what's your experience been with it on planes? Thanks!

lgt0412
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wiseman triple is exactly the case you describe and THE best made case in the world!!!
Conn 38B
Van Laar BR3 Flugel
Blessing Super Artist cornet
Greg Black Mouthpieces
cmac3317
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Protec iPac Triple (or Quad)? Does the triple have enough room to fit a Bb, flugel, and piccolo? Their backpack option looks like the most comfortable one I've seen, and that's my main concern. Overally, it looks pretty good for less than half the price of the others mentioned. I also played a gig last night with a trombone player who had a Protec case that's in great shape. He said he's had it for 8 or 9 years and never had any problems with it. If you have any experience with either of these Protec cases, I'd appreciate it if you could share your thoughts (especially whether or not the triple can safely carry a Bb, flugel, and piccolo). Thanks!

Trumpcyms1993
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a gard triple wheelie and I love it it think its great. It comfortably can fit 3 full sized trumpets. A trumpet, and a small/medium wrap flugelhorn.

I usually just have my Carol flugelhorn and Yamaha xeno in it(this combination is a little snug due to the size of the flugelhorn but other than that its great).

I have the medium sized triple wheelie that can fit in airplane over head compartments. They make a compact triple wheelie and they also make a larger triple wheelie that fits Large flugelhorn, trumpet, and piccolo.

They have youtube videos explaining all the variations of their cases.

If you want the special variants in the colors and materials you have to special order them through their website. Just send them an email and they'll respond back pretty quickly. Through my internet searching I could only find the black synthetic and the black leather versions available for purchase through US websites.

My only issue with these is that it takes a little bit of moving around the modular walls and cones to get it just right for whichever horns you want to put in there.

Also has the wheels and can be rolled around suitcase style. I use that feature pretty frequently. I usually only use the backpack straps for going up and down stairs haha
Harrelson SWE trim kit
Monette BL2S3 XLT Prana
Monette B6S1 STC 1 Prana
Monette 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: