• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Antonio Cabrera - listen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Antonio Cabrera - listen Reply with quote

Seems to play fairly well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxTZqDp0og

Rod
GeorgeB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps even better than fairly well.
1938-39 Olds Recording
1942 Buescher 400 Bb trumpet
1952 Selmer Paris 21 B
1999 Conn Vintage One B flat trumpet
2020 Getzen 490 Bb
1962 Conn Victor 5A cornet
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fondest hope is to play fairly well someday!
He has some amazing videos doing 6 parts with different players. Pretty 😎!
What impresses me is his effortless play. This guy seems to really have learned what his lips really do (not much but vibrate) his breath control is masterful. First thing I noticed besides sound was a almost completely still embuchere, and complete relaxation even on scary jumps in range. I can only imagine ever playing like that, especially at his age with the world in front of him. Too bad the showcase decades for brass players have passed. Even in the 60’s when meat eaters were much more plentiful, he would have garnered attention!
My original post was a bit tongue in cheek, especially given my comparative skills.
😉
Rod
SSmith1226
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a great player and very talented. He has many similar videos on his YouTube channel.
Does anyone know where one gets the “Music Minus One” type of recordings as he uses on many of his videos. As a comeback player who lives in a rural area with limited playing opportunities, outside of practice, challenging pieces like these would make practice much more interesting. I think that he uses them with “Garage Band” but I personally have no experience with that technology, although the concept looks very interesting.
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to have a setup like his. He has a you tube channel, maybe he would respond to your questions, and please share if you do.

Was he in the Disney band?
Rod
SSmith1226
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod,
That is a great idea. In the meanwhile, in researching his background, I came across his “Go Fund Me Page”. The following is his story in his words:
“Help Antonio Buy A New Trumpet

Antonio Cabrera Ortega
MESA, AZ
At this point in my trumpet career , I really need to own a professional level trumpet. My current horn is a student level in poor condition and now that I play in college ensembles and am being booked for gigs, I need something much better and easier to play on. I would rather not ask for money from you, but as a broke college student that is already saving up for the Future, I have to ask for help on this one. I would love to play some music for you too. After trying out a couple of horns, I have "purchased" a Bach AB190 Stradivarius Artisan Series Bb Trumpet with the money raised from this campaign. Unfortunately I'm still struggling to make payments on the horn. If every single one of my followers donated $1, I'd be able to buy 2 of these horns. Please consider donating. I would hope to some day become a pro, and play in a professional symphony. My dream is also to record for movies, and inspire others to follow their dreams as well. Every little bit helps, even if it's just a share on facebook. Thank you for your support in advance.

-Antonio Cabrera”
drboogenbroom
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just buys the song books with a play-a-long CD and takes the parts up an octave and adds some flourishes. Nothing fancy.

https://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=841409

I believe he mentions this in one of his comments sections.

Kevin

Bruno Walter
SSmith1226
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It makes sense. I didn’t realize these books had such nice accompaniment.
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still very curious to see if he uses a sound processor or a mic and headphone amp. And what programs he is using to video record and capture playback. I have the mic and head unit and an IPad and laptop. I think it would be a great tool to see what you do while playing and have an accurate sound picture as well. I hope he or someone here can guide us to an answer or show us where to find one without reinvention.
I also didn’t know about the sheet source. And had only heard of Abersold.
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: