• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Responding to marketplace ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jmac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Responding to marketplace ads Reply with quote

Is there something I have to do before being able to respond to marketplace ads? I致e responded to a few as I知 looking for a mouthpiece but as of yet I haven稚 heard back from anyone. I知 new to the forum and to trumpet. Maybe I知 doing something wrong.
derekthor
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you entering your correct email address? Also, sometimes people are just flakes.
Jmac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekthor wrote:
Are you entering your correct email address? Also, sometimes people are just flakes.

When it came to the email it was auto filling it on my iPad. It痴 correct but it was highlighted in yellow. I知 resending them now but manually inputting the address. We値l see. Could be just flaky people. I did notice the people had logged onto the forum so I assumed they were maybe checking their emails.
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see that they're logging into the forum, try sending them a PM.

I'd be interested to see that the emails are being delivered.

And, yes, some sellers *are* flaky.

td
Jmac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetherald wrote:
If you see that they're logging into the forum, try sending them a PM.

I'd be interested to see that the emails are being delivered.

And, yes, some sellers *are* flaky.

td

I値l try that. I値l let you know what happens.
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: responding to marketplace ads Reply with quote

Hello all,
This is a good question. Some people just have a life and don't live for email. I had correspondence over mouthpieces with a fellow and one I realized he had better things to do, but would still answer over a few days, I understood. I also googled him and found that he was a pretty astute person. Others I write off and move forward. I will also insist on some phone conversation if it is over a horn...Buying or selling. The more communication you have, the more confidence you will have over the transaction. You might also notice how long they have been on the TH and how they have posted over the years. I am guilty of of being an extrovert and to talking/texting to strangers like I have known them for years, but after I have broken down the walls of caution, I have made some good acquaintances. This is a community with a common interest after all, so we should treat each other as brothers and sisters. Probably just went over the top.
Jmac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple of responses today. Maybe auto filling the email was the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: