• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brass Band Vibrato

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bflatman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I watched the video I had already seen it a long time ago and I was impressed. And I watched it again.

But thats not the point. The video was put on a reply to the OP and then a debate started saying how the vibrato is wrong now and vibrato has changed

Several replies came in describing different vibratos and the OP never once put up a link showing what vibrato he is actually talking about.

And since everyone appears to be talking about different vibratos isnt it important we find out what vibrato the OP is discussing otherwise everyone is talking about different things and there will be a dozen different opinions on how to achieve it.

I know at least 5 ways of achieving vibrato depending how extreme you want to go and what part of the body you want to waggle.

My preference is the rapidly raising the eyebrow vibrato, Although I do sometimes favour the leg shaking vibrato.

Ok thats a couple of comic examples, but all I know right now is the OP asked how do I achieve the vibrato I am thinking about.

Can we find out exactly what the OP actually is thinking about before telling him how to achieve what we think he is thinking about.

It is not enough to say how do I get the vibrato that everyone hears that is meaningless.

I want an example. Then we all know what vibrato the OP has listened to and we can proceed.
p76
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP wanted to know about the distinctive fast vibrato found in British Brass Bands. I think that video, by 2 of the best proponents of that style, explains it very well.

Cheers
Roger
Flugel - Kanstul 1525
Mpc. - ACB 3CS, ACB 3ES, Curry 3BBC, Kanstul FB Flugel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: