• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help with Range Breaks and Other Issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most sensible thing that could be said to the OP is that he claims to have what most would consider unlimited range, and​could try spending as little practice time in that area as possible, (just touching on it briefly every few days just to check that things are still working) in favor of working on whatever areas are your weakest.

If you can learn style, and to sight read with the best, you​ could be working even when few others are.

Whereas the "limitations" you've described will either work themselves out as you generally improve, or will prove to be equipment related. For example, I'd love to see you A/B play-test your own horn vs my Callet Jazz, modified by Jason Harrelson. While it is the same bell Jerome Callet used on all his horns made after the Jazz, and is designed to slot up to DHC, there's definitely something about Jason's bracing on this horn that helps in this department. The Wild Thing is said to slot up to double high E. I cannot confirm.

Apply yourself to being able to demonstrate what you claim and you can have a career performing, teaching, and writing method books that will allow you to experiment with anything made except Monette. (At 10 - 50k each, I don't see how any musician can afford one)
bnsd
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me cynical... I want to hear a strong double C from a high school player, and hear a 13a4a that blends with a section of xenos, etc playing on 3C mouthpieces.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying... I'm a French Model

I rarely have a high A on the band stand, and most people think my range is fine. The A is also my cracking point... but I work on my chops an hour a day (it's all I have; job and family) and I'm stuck at ok G's most days.

I can squeeze out double c's on occasion (no... I won't let you hear one).

I heard Louis Dowsdell (whatever) covering the Wayne Bergeron O Holy Night, and hit the double D. To me, that is stratosphere range, and rare. People saying they have double Cs and people playing double Cs are all the difference in the world.

Bon Jour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: