• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mahler 5 with my orchestra and Conservatory students

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorisderijbel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Mahler 5 with my orchestra and Conservatory students Reply with quote

Hello folks!

Just wanna share a recording from our last project together with the Conservatory of Copenhagen. I am playing as solo trumpet in Copenhagen Phil since last year and this Mahler was my challenge for so many years, both for me individual and for us as a group (consisting of conservatory "first timers" in a big orchestra project, both on 3rd and 4th trumpet).

I was on tour in Japan the week before this concert playing Thcaikovsky symphonies 4, 5 and 6 and found a goldplated Bach with full Malone conversion (CL229 trumpet with MC1 pipe) in a local shop in Tokyo. It was so great that I took it up for the Mahler gig!! The best decision ever, so happy with the way it follows and how the sound gets to the hall...
Wonderful match with my mouthpiece set up as well. You can read more about that youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUFRhA26ZoM&t=3953s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: