• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My girlfriend thinks I have someone else...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: My girlfriend thinks I have someone else... Reply with quote

Not true but this is funny. I collect all sorts of news sources. Online journalists, CNN related, many others. You name it? I subscribe.

So my girlfriend thinks I'm hanging with an incredibly good looking online news journalist. Lol.. Or she used to think that way that is. It all started five years ago when my G/F started bugging me to friend her on Facebook. Well of course! We're in an LTR thing. BUT THEN? She starts saying,

"Who's Anna?" (not her real name...)

Some online news agency, a big one had "friended" me after I sent them a message and request. This "Anna" never even read my message or friended me. Someone on her thirty plus news room staff of techies did. It was kinda like I'd friended a young Katie Couric or Barbara Walters (huge lol!).

And to make matters worse I start laughing my fool head off. Now she's really upset. I wont post the female pundit's full or real name as she is a highly charged, opinionated political personality. Naturally I dont want to discuss anything remotely political here.

But shucks, "Anna" is less than half my age. Absolutely stunningly gorgeous. Someone on her news staff must have "friended" me along with three hundred others that day. As "Anna" is a major rising star in the online pundit field. And she's so far out of my league that even if I was still forty she wouldnt give me a wink. Instead of my sixty two years of age...

Gradually my G/F figured it out and she even gets a chuckle on the subject once in a while. I'm lucky to have her. She loves brass music! Even drags me to all the drum & bugle corps playoffs. Now she's playing that group Chicago's Christmas album. She insists upon going to all my concerts too. Well unless I tell her that I'm bringing "Anna" instead. Just kidding.

Now, compare that to my former wife. She who was once once married to me for 15 years when she up and decides to tell me that "after all these years, I really like the sax better".

I should have said something cruel back but I dont have it in me. So? I'm very lucky to have my girlfriend. And it is a little flattering to think that she's jealous over a woman I couldnt get a date with in a million years... But I think I'll keep kidding her about "Anna". Makes me laugh anyway...

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
Robert Rowe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social media websites. Ugh.

Don't ask me why I do not participate. I'd put my head in an oven, or slash my wrists before I would join one.

I miss Genghis Khan ....
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meagan Kelly?

Your ex will be exiled to an island with nothing but Kenny G records. See how she likes that sax.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Morogan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My girlfriend thinks I have someone else... Reply with quote

Lionel wrote:
Now, compare that to my former wife. She who was once once married to me for 15 years when she up and decides to tell me that "after all these years, I really like the sax better".

Well, sadly for us trumpet players, you're certainly not the first that got left for sax. *rim shot*
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the hints that she's leaving is that she wants to get a boob job. I had no problem with the original equipment.

But my new G/F is special if at time a bit too clingy. However a man simply must respect loyalty. And she bfilms all my gigs too' cant beat that with a bassoon..

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most things can't be beaten with a bassoon, including Tomi Lahren, I mean 'Anna'.

My last gf was jealous of my trumpet. Seriously!? Ugh.
Robert Rowe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kehaulani"

... exiled to an island with nothing but Kenny G records.[/quote]

Could be worse.

I like Kenny G ... (I met him) ... his music. Hard to argue his success.

Maybe (?) you would prefer "Barney's Theme" ?

~ r2 ~

I miss Genghis Khan ....
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Rowe wrote:
Could be worse. I like Kenny G ... (I met him) ... his music. Hard to argue his success. Maybe (?) you would prefer "Barney's Theme" ? : ~ r2 ~

Isn't that just Yankee Doodle?

Everything I've heard or read about the Gster has been friendly. Differing tastes are O.K. I've played his music (on sax), and own several of his CDs, but after about three tunes, I've heard enough.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Robert Rowe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason ... the so-called "jazz purists" actually HATE him.

Imagine that .

* note *
Jazz recordings sell about 1 1/2- PER CENT ( 1.5 % ) of all recorded music

~ r2 ~

I miss Genghis Khan ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: