• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Teachers in the Pittsburgh Area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howieg_ent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Trumpet Teachers in the Pittsburgh Area Reply with quote

I am a comeback player in my 40’s and have been playing regularly for the past 2 years. I am now at the point where I could benefit from some regular instruction. I have looked into the Skype/online lesson thing and I don’t really think that it would be ideal for me. I am looking to develop my fundamentals and endurance in particular. I live in the Pittsburgh area. Does anyone have any recommendations for a teacher near me? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Howie
the_zigzagger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll get some recos, but in the meantime I can tell you what I did that worked out really well *for me* when I was looking for a teacher here in Chicago. I did some Googling on the internets for trumpet players in Chicago, scanned all the local jazz clubs calendars and basically compiled a list of the 5-8 most active players. I shot all of them emails via their websites saying what I was looking for. Every single one of them got back to me, which was very cool. Some made offers to teach, others made recommendations. I wanted a teacher who was actively playing in the scene but also had the teaching bonafides. I found my guy and met a bunch of other really great guys (and monster players) in the process.
trumpet.trader
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Steve Hawk is still in the area, I’d give him a call. He used to teach at Slippery Rock but was always in the scene in the Burgh.

He’s played with everybody and plays every kind of music and knows all things trumpet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: