• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tried New Callet Jazz and Callet Studio Artist today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Tried New Callet Jazz and Callet Studio Artist today Reply with quote

I had a chance to play the latest version of Callet Jazz and Callet Studio Artist today. Lee Adams is guy who owns the rights to the Jazz line. He has George Rawlin tweak each horn (George is one of the most knowledgeable people on tweaking horns). Lee has taken care to make sure each leadpipe is just right.
The ventures come in .346 and .348 diameter - depending on how much resistance you want. The mouthpiece gap has been set where it works best for most mouthpieces.

I always thought Lee was very knowledgeable about trumpet construction but through hard work and study he has moved to a new level.

All the fit and finish of the horns look great. They are very solid with a quick response and a great sound. My favorite horn was the regular weight Studio Artist model. The response and focus of the sound fit me perfectly.

He is going to be at the Trumpet Festival of the Southeast next weekend. If you are planning to attend I encourage you to stop by and introduce yourself and try the Callet Jazz line. You will be glad you did. He also carries the Northern Brass Line by GR Mouhpieces - a great line of mouthpieces.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - are you going to have to change your avatar name, now?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
So - are you going to have to change your avatar name, now?

I don’t know if Trptcalletregularweightstudioartist is going to fit.😎

Brad
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm! I may have to! But, I still love Benges
JYTrumpetSounds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Gen 2 Callet Jazz LT Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of purchasing the new Callet Jazz LT in June of 2017. I must say this horn is amazing! Lee Adams and George Rawlin have done excellent work at ensuring each new horn plays even from one to another. I tried all .346, .348, and .350 models in Jazz and Studio Artist form. I have been a Callet Jazz player for 20 years and own the SIMA model and the new gen 2 has easier play from first attack. What catches my attention is player the even scale, feedback, instant response and dead on tuning these horns have. My Jazz LT feels totally at home as an all around horn but just step on it just a little and it becomes a lead players dream with tons color, fluidity and burn in the sound. It feels lively, a magical experience of sorts with lots of core and focus all around. You will not have to work as hard either as these feel more like a freer feeling ML bore. This horn has an exciting sound and is tons of fun to play! Lee Adams is a joy to work with and is really on to something special with these. Try one if you get the chance you'll be surprised. The LT Bell was special for me. Totally happy with mine.

Jason
-Jerome Callet Jazz Custom
-Bach Stradivarius MLV 65

-Antione Courtois 154R Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: