• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha 6335S Caps and Buttons etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 6335S Caps and Buttons etc Reply with quote

Anyone know if Yamaha Bbs have interchangeable caps? Particularly the 6335S model? (Not the H or HII models, the straight vanilla 6335).
My guess is that they would use the same thread and valve block dimensions for all their trumpets, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha 6335S Caps and Buttons etc Reply with quote

Trumpetingbynurture wrote:
Anyone know if Yamaha Bbs have interchangeable caps? Particularly the 6335S model? (Not the H or HII models, the straight vanilla 6335).
My guess is that they would use the same thread and valve block dimensions for all their trumpets, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
I've owned the 6335 and the caps, threads and finger buttons are interchangeable and the alignment is the same as the H models as well as the newer Xenos and Artist models

Last edited by Vince.Green on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Vince!

Believe it or not, I did a search on here about this and I think I may have read a post of yours from several years ago where you mentioned that you had a 6335 and had put caps and finger buttons from a Xeno on your 6335. Although I wasn't 100% sure if that was referring to the original 6335 or the later H models.

Was that you? If so, I'm curious as to the exact configuration you had your set up with. (If it wasn't you, and I've confused you with a totally different user... whoops... haha)
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall posting anything but it's possibe. I had a 6335 that I added an extra tuning slide brace to as well as artist model caps and finger buttons. It added just enough weight to really make the horn work (for me anyway).
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vince,

Yeah I think it was you, as that sounds like what I read. Which artist model did you take the caps etc from?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: