• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hello Dolly! Trumpet part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaestroTrpt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Hello Dolly! Trumpet part Reply with quote

Hi gang-

Anyone have a digital/scanned version of the Trumpet 1 book to the musical "Hello Dolly" they'd be willing to forward to me? A local theater I'm involved with is doing this show soon, and even though I've played it before, it's been EONS since I have and I want to bone up on the part. Feel free to PM me!

Anyone have any fun stories to share about playing "Hello Dolly"? I seem the remember "The Waiter's Gallop" being a marathon. And then, after playing that tune, you have to play "Hello Dolly", which from what I remember, is in a horrible key for trumpet and stays in the stratosphere.
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the "Waiter's Gallop" being the single biggest pain as far as key signatures went: Insane tempo, and key changes (involving lots of sharps) in the middle of lines such that you simply had to know what was coming.

If the following "Hello Dolly" was in an even worse key it would explain why that private high school never called me again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: