• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Starting again at 27 after 15 years away

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordynbaxter wrote:
Barely played over the festive period but got some good practise in over the weekend.

Books i'm using are the embouchure builder and the arban, with scales for fingering. I really need to work on my breathing, i seem to get out of breath easily, like i need to stop and let a good breathe out and then back in some times, if im focusing too much on what im playing and not breathing naturally.

I also have the ABRSM grade 1 jazz trumpet repitoire book, and the jazz and classical grades scales and arpeggios books.

You are in a perfect spot to begin the Greg Spence Mystery to Mastery program. I wish it had been available in 1963 when I started in grade school. Before you start down some bad habits we all develop as we learn - look at this. It may not be for you, but it will outline and walk you thru the big things I wished I’d known so long ago. I am breaking old bad habits, you are early enough to avoid them. Check it out, many points to it on the list or just google Mystery to Mastery. Not much $ but a huge wealth of good info and technique. If you are like me and want to make this a pleasure vs. work, check it out.
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: